Sakura Part I: Capriccioso

Capriccioso - a musical style that displays volatility and unpredictability

"I would like Miyawaki Sakura to be my partner for the National Concours, Mr. Director." Y/N said seriously as he hands over the document back to the director.

"Thank you, Y/N-ssi. I trust that you would inform her of your decision as soon as possible. I expect that you and Ms. Miyawaki would give it your best during the day of the concours. Starting today, I hope the both of you would take this time to decide on what piece the both of you are going to perform. Remember that this academy, including myself, will always support you regardless of the outcome." The director said as Y/N smiled due to his words of encouragement.

After excusing himself from the office, Y/N knew that he had one very important thing to do first, and that is to apologize to the other three girls whom he did not choose as his partner. He knows that doing this would be painful to them, but he has to fully accept his decision wholeheartedly so as not to cause any more doubts to linger in him.

Of the three people he didn't choose, Chaewon would be the most painful to apologize for. He knew that she deserves a chance as much as the others, if not greater. When he returned to the classroom to inform her of his choice, Chaewon was ready for it. She promised to help Y/N and his partner in any way she can, though not before painfully admitting that she was hurt that he did not choose her. All the same, the two of them comforted each other, showing that none of this managed to ruin their friendship.

However, Yena was the one who took it the hardest. She cried knowing that Y/N won't be able to fulfill his promise to her back then, as he stayed beside her for a while to comfort her. He gave her one final hug so as to ease the painful feelings she has while the two of them made a promise to remain the best of friends.

As for Minju, the girl simply gave him small words of encouragement and fully accepted his decision, concluding that Y/N simply followed his heart when he made the choice. She told him that she is still hoping for that time when they will perform with each other again, and that she will continue to hone her skills in order to be worthy of playing alongside him.

Third Year Classroom Building, After School

The third year department building is inaccessible to both first and second year students, as the academy deemed it an essential rule as the third year students spend most of their time in preparation for their studies for the tertiary level. Unlike regular students, the music students of the academy were taking more difficult lessons during this time, and they needed that space so as not to be distracted by the rest of the school's activities.

It was Y/N's first time to enter this side of the school, but he only got in as the academy allowed his choice to pick a third year student since the National Concours is a highly prestigious event, one that even they cannot ignore.

He went inside the building after classes are over so as not to disturb them during the day. Accompanied by his sister, Y/N started to look around the building's interior in awe as they head towards Sakura's classroom.

"This is incredible, noona. I never expected that you always practice your music everyday inside such place. It really feels different from the rest of the school."

"The academy always treated its senior students like this. They felt that we needed a more exclusive environment for us to concentrate on our studies. But don't worry, you'll be studying here too once I graduate." She said as Y/N gave her a pout.

"You're already reminding me that your leaving, noona? That's not very nice."He said playfully as Eunbi rolled her eyes.

"Aish, my little brother. I'm not always going to be here at your side. You need to stand on your own two feet someday. But for now, I need you and Sakura to be at your best once the day of the performance happens."