Chapter 4: Lusingando

Lusingando - a method to perform a piece in a flattering or alluring style

Three weeks have passed since Y/N's first day at the academy. He never expected that a lot of things had already happened in just less than a month. From his performance with Eunbi at the opening ceremonies, to meeting his childhood friends and participating in their club activities made him very glad that everyone had already accepted him warmly in just a short period of time.

But sometimes, things happen in a most unexpected manner, especially when a person involved happens to be admiring someone from afar and boldly takes the chance to meet them once it presents itself.

Y/N and Han were walking towards the practice rooms after school. Their respective clubs were taking a break for today, and Han, being the diligent student that he is, decided to rent one of the rooms to perfect his piece. Y/N, on the other hand, was heading there for an entirely different reason.

"Just when I thought that things would remain quiet for a while, you never fail to stir up everyone's attention, Y/N." Han said to him as he sighs.

"I know, but the manner on how she asked me to help her, I just can't refuse now, can I?"

" Of course, I think none of the guys in our campus would refuse if they're in your position. Besides, it's our school's first year model student, who is rumored to take Eunbi'-sunbaenim's place as the most popular girl in our class once she graduates."

"Kim Minju, huh? I didn't know that she was a fan of mine during the time when I performed at Mom and Dad's concert."

Earlier that same day

A girl was walking towards the second year's classrooms looking for Y/N's class. All the while she's feeling nervous as the students, especially the guys, were all looking at her as she passes by.

"Hey, is that Kim Minju? The popular first year who plays the harp?"

"Yeah, she looks more beautiful up close, but why is she here in the second year department?"

"Maybe she's looking for someone, perhaps her boyfriend?"

"I hope not, I want to have a chance to ask her out, just like the rest of us here."

She heard the whispers of the students as she finally reached the door to the classroom she's looking for. Taking a deep breath, she opens it as she saw the class busy chatting with each other. Unfortunately, all of them were busy chatting with each other, including Y/N who was busy talking with Felix and Han. Luckily for her, Chaewon was just about to enter the classroom when she saw Minju with a shy look at her face. Being the kind person that she is, Chaewon decides to help her.

"Excuse me, do you need something from our class?"

"Um, yes thank you. I need to speak with Kwon Y/N."

"Okay, come with me. He's right there with my brother."

The class suddenly stopped whatever it is they're doing when they saw the two girls approaching Y/N. Chaewon told him that Minju wants to speak with her, as their classmates try to listen.

"U-umm, I'm sorry that I came to your class so abruptly, Y/N-sunbaenim. My name is Kim Minju, and I always wanted you to know that I always looked up to you since the first time I saw you perform at your parent's concert. I know that this will sound so sudden, but it would mean so much to me if you would accompany me to my upcoming recital just two weeks from now. I understand if you wouldn't be able to do so, but I sincerely hope you would accept."

Y/N noticed that it took all of her courage just to speak to him, as she was now looking to him as if she's about to cry anytime. He felt the pressure to agree, especially since the class was waiting for him to say something to her, but he had to make sure.