𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦

"Due to the coronavirus cases rising rapidly,the people are advised to practice social distancing and wear masks,and big events such as senior prom are now cancel-"

Click.

"Don't worry,babe. I know how upset you are over the fact prom is canceled but it just seems like this isn't our year. Prom doesn't matter anyway-"

"But I wanted to go to prom with you! We waited 'til we were seniors to go to prom,and it's all taken away from us just like- just like that! Taken away so simply and this isn't fair!  This isn't fair.."

Dave sighed. He knew how much Zak had been excited for prom since months ago,only for it to be canceled. "I know,baby. But please,we don't have to have prom to have fun,right?" Zak stayed quiet,nodding but soon realised the other boy wouldn't be able to see the other agreeing with him.

"Actually..can you meet me tonight at my house? I know we're not supposed to see each other but I promise it's worth it."

Zak reluctantly agreed,not sure if he'd wanna risk his life or spend the night with his boyfriend and risk it all. 

"Alright,see you tonight?" "Yeah." 

-

As the time passed,Zak watched the news and saw how many cases were rising by every second,going from a few hundreds to a near thousand. He sighed,turning the TV off,not wanting to scare himself when he and Dave were gonna be with each other tonight.

Dave knew how much Zak was bummed out with the fact that prom was cancelled. They waited 'til they were seniors to even have what was a magical moment to most seniors who actually had someone to go with. Hell,even if it were with friends it would still be amazing. 

Even for Dave he was upset their moment was taken away from them,but both of them were also somewhat happy school was closed. The school had always been rough on the students,always handing work every single day with unspeakable amounts of work to do.

But that's beside the point. As much as the two were upset that prom got canceled,Dave wanted to make Zak happy. Zak knew Dave had a beautiful garden at the back of his house,and all Dave wanted for the two of them to do was dance under the moonlight. It was risky for the present time,but teenagers do risky shit. That's for sure.

-

Night time had come quicker than they had expected,but Zak was excited to see Dave and so was he. They lived close by,maybe 3 or 4 blocks away,so Zak always walked there. 

As he arrived at the front door of Dave's house and as he was about to knock,the door suddenly opened,revealing a happy Dave. 

"Wow,you seem excited." Zak giggled. That damned cute giggle. The same giggle Dave would hear every time Zak found something cute or hilarious,it always gave him butterflies. 

Dave led Zak to the back,making Zak's facial expression change from a smug look to a surprised one. The back had changed a lot. It was more gorgeous than ever. Bloomed roses covering some spots on the grass,well-trimmed bushes,fairy lights,a hammock,some speakers connected to what seems to be Dave's laptop and the most prettiest thing for that night; a full bright moon.

Zak looked back at Dave,hugging him instantly and burying his face into his chest as he cried of joy,"Thank you,Dave. Prom might be canceled but I think I'd prefer this over prom."

Dave hugged back,making Zak look into his eyes and kissing away the tears. "Let's dance,shall we?"

Zak giggled at Dave's formal proposal,taking his hands as the taller male dragged him to the area. The song started playing,

I don't want a friend (Just me),

I want my life in two (My life in two),

Just one more night,

Waiting to get there,

Waiting for you (All night),

I'm done fighting waiting all night (Waiting for you),

When I'm around slow dancing in the dark,

.
.
.

As the music played on,the two danced under the moonlight,not caring about the risks this could do to them. 

.
.
.

Give me reasons we should be complete,

You should be with him,I can't compete,

You looked at me like I was someone else,oh well,

Can't you see?

I don't wanna slow dance (I don't wanna slow dance),

In the dark,

Dark,

In the dark,

Dark…

.
.
.

As the music stopped,the two stopped moving,staying the way they were now. Dave's hands on Zak's waist and Zak's arms over Dave's neck and his hands on Dave's back.

They looked at each other's eyes,Dave's eyes looking down onto Zak's lips. He closed his eyes,connecting their lips together.

The kiss was gentle and passionate,full of love and it was a long kiss before they had to part their lips to breathe. 

They kissed again shortly after,a much short one as it was pretty late into the night. They both got onto the hammock,Zak instantly cuddling Dave as he got on.

"Thank you." 

Dave looked at the other boy,confused. "For what?"

Zak kissed his cheeks,"For creating our own prom."

Dave smiled,turning to Zak's face,putting his forehead with his. "Of course,darlin'."

- <3

Long time no see! School has started for me almost fully but I wanted to give you all something new to read :)