𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

WARNING ⚠️ : DESCRIPTIVE GORE,MURDER,DEATH

Zak always had bad blood with some people despite being a popular kid for being the champion at many baseball tournaments. You'd think being a famous baseball player at school would get you everyone's love and attention,but life had to be fair. To balance things.

Zak had always despised his bully,Cole Monson. The kid has always bullied him since the beginning Zak attended Crestview High School. Zak never really mind,he had friends,it wasn't like he was a loner who had nobody to defend him. But ever since he joined the baseball club and has been the top player of his school,the bullying has gotten worse ever since.

Groups of kids that were friends of Cole started joining along in the bullying,hurting Zak both mentally and physically. Even despite him hating these people with all his guts,he never really gave a reaction but a smile on his face,even after a good beating. People would tell him to never give a reaction to them and that they would eventually leave him alone,so he listened,but the bullies always craved more and more.

That's where Zak snapped.

"Agh,those fuckers can't leave me be! Why the fuck am I always the one getting beat up?!" Zak yelled in anger.

He was at an abandoned playground near a small forest with Darryl,Vincent and Clay,all listening to his problems. "You should probably tell a teacher," Clay spoke,"we can probably help record what goes down as proof,that always gets someone detention."

Zak looked at him in frustration. He's tried so many times telling the teachers,voice recording and all the things to get Cole and his cliques to detention,but those people were just too good at roleplaying. He wanted to protest,but decided to keep his mouth shut as it was probably a good idea to.

He sighed,"You guys can go,I'm gonna stay here for a while,clear my mind." His three friends looked at him,and then each other,nodding and leaving,knowing how much the short boy was probably hurting.

Zak was now alone,at least that's what he thought. He groaned and closed his eyes,sitting down on the swingset,his baseball bat on the floor. He had just finished another game of baseball that evening. Just as he was clearing his mind,he opened his eyes as he felt a hand push his back gently and he started swinging,feeling the wind blow on his face gently.

He looked behind him,seeing a boy who looked a little older than him who had dirty blonde hair,wore a maroon hoodie and black jeans. "Uh- who are you?" Zak asked nervously.

"I'm Dave." The boy said. "Heard you were getting bullied by Cole Monson," he grabbed Zak's chin,leaning in,"I can help you,Zak."

Zak blushed slightly due to being this close to Dave's face,snapping out of his thoughts and replying to the taller male,"ah- uh-uhm..how e-exactly?" He stuttered throughout his words. Dave smirked,"Come."

Dave held his hand out to Zak,Zak taking his hand and standing up from the swing. They walked to the school hallways where there were the student's lockers. They saw a few students,but no signs of Cole and his group of friends. "What are we doing here?" The shorter boy said. "Let's write a note,asking him and only him to meet us at the alleyway near the school. From there,we're gonna have some fun."

Zak reluctantly agreed,somewhat suspicious of what Dave meant about 'having fun'. He took out his notebook and pen and started writing,telling Cole and only him to meet at the alleyway near the school,stating that he wanted to 'talk',at 9 P.M. He ripped the paper off,folding it and sliding the small paper into the horizontal hole of the locker.

After they've done that,Dave invited Zak to stay with him for the night,waiting for tomorrow.

-

The time came as the next day was Sunday,9 P.M. Cole was alone,just like Zak and Dave had planned. Zak had his baseball bat with him,he wasn't sure what he was doing,but all he knew was that he could trust Dave. The two stepped out of the shadows,Cole jerking his head to face them. "Ah," Cole started, "I see you've brought the edgelord of the school,Zak. How funny. Why would you,a popular kid,hang out with the loner of Crestview High?"

Zak furrowed his brows,holding his bat over his shoulders. "I don't see him being the problem here. Surely you know why I asked you to come?"

Cole smirked,curling his hands into fists. "Course I do."

Cole threw a punch on Zak's stomach,making Zak grunt in pain. But don't worry,this was all a part of Dave's plan. Act weak and strike later. After minutes of throwing punches and kicks back and forth,blocking each other's attack,that's where Cole went wrong when he decided to open his mouth.

"Aww,is the little baby gonna cry? The school's gonna know what type of LOSER you truly are!"

He snapped.

Zak gripped his bat with an iron grip,advancing towards Cole and hitting him on the head. Cole would've never seen that coming,Cole was fast,but Zak was faster. It was something to expect from a baseball player. Speed was the main key to victory in baseball. Too bad Cole was cocky.

Zak repeatedly bashed his head with the baseball bat. The sounds of a thick skull breaking,the loud screaming from Cole which soon faded into nothing. He could almost see a lot of blood coming out. Fuck.

He stopped after he realised what he had done. How badly did he mess up again? But this,this was even worse. He had killed someone. Although he had hated his guts,he didn't deserve this. He was definitely gonna go to jail now.

"What the fuck did I do- Dave?!" He whispered,almost a yell. Dave looked at the shocked,worried boy. He smirked,"You did wonderful tonight! He's gone; isn't that what you wanted?"

Tears started forming in Zak's eyes,threatening to spill. He stuttered,trying to find the right words. What he had done was something he could have never imagined to do in his whole life. "Y-you- why- you manipulative FUCK! Why the hell did you- What did you make me do?!" He cried out.

Dave grabbed the boy's cheek,kissing his tears away. Zak shuddered,they met yesterday,so why would Dave ever kiss him? Weren't they just 'partners in crime'? He didn't know anymore,but he decided to stay quiet.

Finally,he calmed down. He was surprised the cops hadn't arrived by now. "Now that's more like it. C'mon,let's get rid of every single evidence of there being any murder and get you clean."

So,they did just that. They burned Cole's,now lifeless body,cleaned the floor and the baseball bat. All they had to do now was to sneak Zak back home and get him cleaned up.

Zak felt a lump in his throat,the guilt building up. He didn't believe what he had done. The blood stained his hands,and to make things worse,the now dried blood didn't even belong to him. It wasn't his blood. He didn't even care if he were to go to jail,he was just scared of what other's might've think of him for committing a murder he never intend to do in the first place. His thoughts were all over the place and he wasn't sure if he could trust Dave,but at the same time,Zak couldn't handle the saddening look Dave gave whenever he didn't do things that Dave wanted to do,and he had just only met this man yesterday. 

He didn't even realise but he was already in front of Dave's front door,soon to be entered. Dave inserted the key to his home,a 'click' could be heard. As soon as they entered the cozy house,they instantly rushed into Dave's room,not wanting to cause suspicion to Dave's family. 

"Go shower,I'll shower downstairs. Here's some fresh clothes for you." Dave said. Zak couldn't help it,but the guy was irresistible. He couldn't say 'no'. Zak nodded quickly,quickly making his way into the bathroom. He stripped,and got into the shower. The shower was scorching hot and it was almost able to create a burn on Zak's tanned skin. If the water was already this hot,he couldn't imagine just how hotter hell could be. 

As he got out,he changed into the spare clothes Dave had given him. He laid down on Dave's bed,curling up into a ball. He started crying again. 

He suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapping behind him to his waist. He didn't hear the door open but he knew it was Dave. "Don't cry," he said as he ran his fingers through his fluffy hair, "we'll go to hell together,you won't suffer alone."

-

the start was pretty angsty and from there it was kinda cute lmao.