𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩

Mother's Day was in a few days and Dave decided to get his mom something. He asked his two sisters,Brianna and Anna what she'd like best. Them being young,they said a lot of random things their mom would probably not enjoy. Sighing,he decided to bring the two around town and find some shops.

After 5 minutes of walking,Dave spotted a small flower shop. He decided it would be good to buy some flowers,their mother did like nature a lot. They walked inside,a soft jingle met to their ears. The shop was small but it had lots of flowers to choose from. No one was inside,so he assumed the person who worked here was doing something else,considering there was a garden outside. A little look outside wouldn't hurt.

He walked over the clear glass door that led to the garden,seeing a raven haired boy with tan skin who seemed to work here. He looked about the same age as Dave,maybe a bit younger. He was watering the flowers and fruits. Dave was staring at the boy,the sunlight illuminating on his face made the boy more elegant. Wait,what?

Dave blushed,stepping away from the glass door and taking a deep breath. He told his sisters to go and find a bouquet of flowers that their mom would like. The two little girls nodded,looking around the room for some of the prettiest flowers.

"Hey,uh..do you work here?"

The boy turned around,startled by the sudden voice that came from Dave. "Oh,I do! Uh- do you need anything sir?" The worker said as he stood up,holding the red watering can with both of his hands.

"I was just lookin' around. You can call me Dave by the way,I'm not that old to be called 'sir'."

The boy giggled,"Alright. You can call me Zak,by the way." Dave suddenly felt his stomach being swarmed with butterflies. He blushed,trying to keep his cool but failing miserably. Zak caught on,confused. "Hey,Dave,you okay?"

"oh, huh?" Dave said a bit startled. His eyes fixated on Zak's face on which he still looked confused.

Dave eventually caught on to the question the little one asked him, embarrassed that he hasn't replied to Zak for a while. He realised this and answered the question, rushingly. 

"Y-yeah! I'm fine, sorry. This is getting a bit awkward-" he said, his voice getting quieter throughout his words.

 His left hand scratching his head and the other behind his back.

Zak was glad that Dave was fine but he was still worried about the abrupt change in his attitude yet he didn't question the taller male.

"Glad to know" he smiled warmly.

They just stood there in the garden, the wind rustling through the trees as leaves fell down on the green trimmed grass.

 They stared at each other, enjoying the warm company they shared, not even a single word escaping their mouths. Only the sound of birds chirping filling in the silence.

Even though Zak had a lot of customers coming in his store, there was something about this one particular person in front of him that made the shop look brighter.

Love at first sight? He can't tell.

"ahem, so..what do you need?" Zak asked, averting his gaze from the other.

A question finally breaking the silence, although he wanted the taller male to stay longer, he had to continue on with his work.

After all, he just met him. There's possibly no way he could fall in love so easily, but what is this strange tingling he's feeling?

The rapid thumping of his heart when he's near?

He was... confused, yet it felt nice.

"Ah right, I think.." there was a pause in his words .