𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧

The road was filled with thick,white snow,the snow slowly falling onto the ground and lights were brightening the roads. Winter had come earlier than Zak and Dave thought.

It was the day before Christmas. As much as Zak had wanted Dave to stay with him for Christmas,Dave had his own family to celebrate it with. He knew Dave had two sisters at home waiting for him,and two lovely parents and he'd feel like absolute shit if he were to hold Dave back from visiting them.

They were currently in Los Angeles,together in an apartment somewhere near the Hollywood sign. Dave was in his room,packing for tomorrow. He was going back to California where his home was,where his family was. As much as Dave wanted to bring Zak home along with him and celebrate Christmas with him and his family,someone had to take care of the apartment or the worker's would move you out as soon as you came back.

If they could,they would've asked a friend but it would be disrespectful of them to ask someone to take care of their apartment room and take away their freedom to celebrate Christmas with their family. He already ruined Zak's chances of visiting his family for Christmas,no way he'd make any one of their friend's Christmas boring. He sighed. He wished they could've planned this better,but of course,they didn't think much of it.

He would be going to the train station tomorrow at 4 in the morning and it would take about 3 hours and 35 minutes to get to California,an additional 10 minutes from the California train station to his house. He would be sleeping early tonight as he didn't want to feel tired in the morning,after all he'd want to surprise his family early in the morning on Christmas day.

He shook his own thoughts off,putting in the last piece of clothings he folded into the luggage. It was currently 8 P.M.,he decided it would be best to sleep early so he could feel energetic on the way back home. He zipped up his luggaged,putting it onto the wooden floor,moving it onto the side of his bed. He opened his door,seeing if Zak was in the living room. He was.

Dave smiled at the half-asleep boy,he was over stressing things about Dave leaving. He really didn't want him to go. He went over to Zak,slowly lifting him up from the sofa bridal style. He made sure to carry him gently as he didn't want the sleepy boy to wake up. 

He carried the boy to his room,thinking it was best to sleep with Zak for tonight. It was gonna be their last day together in a few days or so,so Dave wanted to hold Zak one last time before he left.

He laid the boy on the sheets,Dave lying right next to him. He tucked the both of them,facing Zak. As Dave's eyes got heavier,he felt a hand on his cheeks. "Goodnight..I'm going to miss you." 

Dave's eyes were shut,but he smiled at Zak's confession. He'd miss him too. "I promise I'm comin' back within a week or so,or earlier if my family doesn't mind."

"Oh,Dave,please go enjoy Christmas with them.."

"I will,but I'd rather spend it with you."

-

It was 3.50 A.M.

Zak and Dave were already at the train station. As much as Zak really,really wanted Dave to stay,He didn't want to take away Dave's chances of meeting his family again. Zak had already visited his during Thanksgiving Days,it was Dave's turn.

At the thought of a week or less without Dave,he began to tear up. He looked down onto his boots,not wanting Dave to notice he was crying,but the little whimpers Zak made was noticed by Dave,Dave cupping Zak's face concernedly. "Baby,what's wrong? Are you okay?" 

Zak looked up at Dave's face slowly,eyes teary. "I-I don't..I'm- I'm gonna miss you..I don't want you to go!" The raven haired boy said,immediately hugging the taller male,his face buried on the other's chest.

Dave stumbled back a little,the force Zak had pushed onto him surprised him. Oh,now he was definitely feeling sad. He hugged the smaller boy in return. "I know,baby,but I promise you I'll come back early. Please,don't cry."

Zak got off of Dave,wiping his tears off. "I'm sorry..I'm gonna miss you."

Dave smiled,"Don't apologize. I'm gonna miss you too,and you know that."

As soon as they said that,the train had arrived,and Dave had to board soon or he'd miss it. Dave looked over to the train,then to Zak only to be hugged harshly by him again,

"Please come back soon."

"I will,Zak."

And just like that,the two had parted.

- <3

This book is almost at 3K reads!! Thank you so so much for all the support on this book. I really didn't think this book would come so far,haha. Tysm everyone <3