𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

( part 2 of by your side. )

Dave sighed,he texted Zak to tell him what Darryl said. He knew Darryl would accept the boy's confession,and he knew Zak would announce the great news. 

But it didn't matter. He's gotten rejected too many times that he just accepted he was never going to be anything to anyone. Just like he thought before,as long as Zak was happy,he'd be happy.

Still,there was a hole in his heart. A missing piece that could complete him if he had tried. That missing piece was the only thing that could've made his life so much better. Zak.

He heard a ping from his phone,clearing his thoughts. He was scared of what Zak would've said. He didn't understand,he wanted Zak to be happy but his heart desired him. He wanted Zak to be his. What was he feeling? He was so confused with himself

Feelings suck.

He ignored those thoughts for now,checking what Zak had to say. His eyes filled with shock when he read the message. He felt somewhat happy,but sympathy for the boy. His heart was broken,just like his. But maybe,just maybe,he had a chance. A chance to get himself to be with the boy he'd fallen for.

The message read,

"i confessed but he didn't feel the same way. it didn't work. i need some alone time,i'm sorry.."

He frowned,he didn't want Zak to feel this way. He shot up a few pieces of advice,telling him it was okay. He sighed,Zak wasn't going to check his messages any time soon. He knew the poor boy was crying. He felt emotions of sadness when Zak sent his message. He felt it,and he understood what the boy was feeling.

Dave changed into a pink hoodie and some black ripped jeans,he planned to visit Zak to make him feel better,maybe he could even heal himself. So,he walked to Zak's house. Their house was nearby each other,so it didn't take long for Dave to reach Zak's front door. He knocked,no answer. Zak is probably home alone. He knocked again,still no answer. He tried to twist the doorknob,and surprisingly it was unlocked. 

He went inside,coming into Zak's room. He looked at the boy with a sad facial expression,Zak looked really heartbroken. He was curled up in a ball on his bed,tears still streaming down his face. Even though the tears were still visible and wet,he calmed down just by breathing evenly and was quiet. "Hey.."

Zak turned over to Dave,wiping his tears away. He cried even more,getting off of his bed and plunging himself onto Dave. He wrapped his arms over Dave's neck. Dave hugged him tighter,his arms around the boy's small waist. He didn't care that his hoodie was getting soaked by Zak's tears. The only thing he cared about was Zak. 

Zak finally calmed down,breathing normally again,his eyes still flooded with tears though. "I really thought Darryl would like me back."

Dave looked down on the smaller boy,kneeling down to his height level, "It's okay. Not everything will go your way,but this just means god is planning something better for you" he smiled softly. Zak smiled,thanking Dave for comforting him. He really needed someone to talk to,he really did.

The two sat down on the bed,enjoying the comfortable silence. Dave broke the silence when he told Zak something. It was happening. Dave was finally going to confess. He really hoped his timing wasn't shit,but hey,if Zak didn't love him,at least his feelings for him were finally released and that he was finally listening to his own advice for once,that not everything would go your way and god had something better planned for you.

"Zak," the smaller boy looked at him,eyes filled with curiosity. Dave breathed in,"I know this is a bad timing but I just need to tell you. Zak,I've liked you for a while now. Like,really like,like you. Every little thing you do makes me smile and I'd feel happy whenever I make you smile. I really love you,Zak. I understand if you don't like me back but I just needed to get that off of my shoulders. I really hope this doesn't ruin our friendship- fuck- I probably made this so awkward,I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay. You know what,Dave? I think I fell for someone that wasn't the one for me,but you quickly replaced him." Zak cupped Dave's bright red cheeks,kissing him. Dave relaxed a bit,kissing the smaller boy back. The kiss was short but it was passionate and sweet. They pulled apart,cheeks hot and red,but both boys had a smile painted on their faces. "So does this mean we're official?" Dave asked.

"Of course."

- <3

if things seem to go downhill or if things don't go your way,just know that god is planning something much better for you in the future. :)

it's 5 A.M. and I have class at 8.30 A.M.,fml.
i pulled an all nighter,how fun HHhHH

i regret this because i missed yesterday's class and my teacher is probably disappointed in me but haha it's ok :'