Chapter-39~I love you

Heart beats fast
Colours and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer
- Christina Perri.

Care blinked her eyes for a few minutes. She can't believe she wrongly entered his bedroom. she was supposed to go to his office room. Now she can't turn her feet away from this room. There's a luxury black bed, some photos of Daniel hanging in the wall. She approached his childhood photo. ' Daniel is so adorable' Care muttered seeing it. Daniel has a six-year-old kid standing in the Playground giving poses to the photo. That's the only childhood pic.

Another portrait caught her eyes. It's his drawing in his current age. It's so perfectly painted. Seeing paintings gives her a reminder of Chloe. She is talented too. Other than photos, there's a laptop and some documents neatly arranged in his desk on a corner. If he already has an office, why keeping it in this room. The room is painted in White and every object looked like it's worth a million dollars.

" What are you doing here, Caroline?" Daniel's voice alerted Care. She turned towards the door in fear. He's leaning on the wall glaring at her.

" Sorry, I didn't know it's your room. Micheal told me to wait in your office room. I forgot the direction." she babbled.

" Iam not angry. Don't be nervous," he assured her and closed the door.

" By the way, you came here by yourself. We can have a little chat here," he said taking a seat on his bed. Care sat next to him making some space between them.

" Why are you upset?" he asked unexpectedly. She's not upset. If there's a reason to be upset it would be because of Becca's death which she can't share.

" Iam not. Am I looking like that?" she questioned him feeling less nervous.

" You seemed upset when you got a call outside my house and you didn't even attend it."

' who did he noted my each and every move. Am I so easy to be read by anyone?'. she thought and about to tell about the investigation.

" I may have been nervous of the investigation happened today in school and Bill..." she stopped herself keeping her hands on her mouth. She was supposed to tell you about the investigation. How she asked each and everything happened on homecoming. In the flow, she mentioned Bill.

" I know there's an investigation on Roshord high. But who is Bill?"

" Nothing. He's just my friend." she calmed herself hoping he won't ask further questions.

" Caroline you were supported to tell me something. Finish it." he urged.

" I can't tell that. It doesn't matter. So did they investigated you for Becca's murder?" she changed the topic and expected him to forget it.

Instead, he furrowed his eyebrows " Actually, I know your friend Bill. I already met him in the cafe when I was talking with you. He's interrupted our talk by calling you for work. Now, will you finish what you have started?"

Care wanted to share it. It has nothing to be with Daniel but he seems interested in it and Caroline still remembers that they both talked when Bill sent Becca's footage to Daniel. That's the reason she got a chance to talk with him.

" He's my best friend and he proposed to me."

" What? What did you say?" Daniel seriously asked her.

" I rejected him politely. I don't want to hurt him but he's still hoping that I would accept him. He's believing Iam having feelings for him."

" Do you have feeling for him?" it's the first question that came out of Daniel's mouth. Why's he caring so much.

" No"

" Are you sure?"

" yes. I always have seen him as my friend."

" But he's still coming after you right. You should have told me earlier. I will kick him out of Roshord high. You won't see him again." He snapped.

" You can't do that, Daniel. He's my best friend. You can't hurt him. You are so rude." Care yelled.

" I will be rude if someone tries to take something I love from me." Care eyes widened from hearing his words. She replayed what he said many times.' Did I heard it right?'. The way he strongly said those words shocked her. Does he like her for real? She can't even imagine a celebrity likes her. She's just a normal girl. She won't be equal to him.

" Don't run away. But I need to tell you this now. I love you, Caroline." he intertwined his hands with her. She didn't move away. she started at him like a statue and slowly spoked.

" Iam nobody."

" No. you are my everything. That's why I kept on coming for you even though you tried to avoid me. I had girlfriends but I felt like this before. I always get anything I wanted. I never went behind anyone. But since the day I saw you, I can't stop thinking about it. I was not ready to admit it to myself. But now I admit it." he finally told how he felt and Care can see the truth in his eyes. But she's shocked to act to tell anything.

She felt more nervous when her best friend proposed to her. But now a celebrity, a man she adored all her life is standing in front of her admitting he's in love with her. She doesn't know how fastly it all happened. They rarely met. They may have talked more in the phone but this is so fast.

" Please tell something. I can't able to wait. Did you felt the same for me?" he asked her still holding her hands. She came back to reality. She's so confused about her answers. She's 22 years old but can't figure out how she's feeling.

" How can I not love you? I always loved you. I know before you even seen me. Iam so confused. It's a lot to take in. I never expected you would propose me."

" Iam not gonna pressure you. You can take your own time. But Iam sure I love you." with that he pulled her to a kiss. She can't believe she's kissing him back, feeling his lips on her. It's like her dream come true. Soon he deepened the kiss, both are breathless and pulled apart.

" I love you too, Daniel. I can't believe Whether Iam dreaming or not?" she said looking down.

" Please don't look down again. Tell me those words again." he pleaded. Daniel pleaded for the first time and only to Caroline.

"I can't believe whether Iam dreaming or not?" she said these lines instead of telling 'I love you'.

" No. You know I didn't ask that lines. But I will prove you again it's not a dream." he kissed her again keeping one hand on her hair. Slowly he laid her on his bed. He's on top of her and she's aware it's not a dream. After a long time of stress, now good things happened in her life.

" Your coffee, Sir." Micheal opened the door without knocking.