36

YOUR POV

"I have a couple of questions regarding the date. And what is a good relationship." Leah asks.

"Oh boy those sure are questions. Hm let me think. The date I haven't thought a lot about but I was thinking we could go to a small restaurant something fancy but not to fancy and not to noisy. Just homey." I smile. "Now that other question. Leah, if I'm being completely honest I got the best end of the deal."

"Huh?" 

"Ok wait that probably sounded funky. What I mean is I didn't go through the ups and downs of multiple relationships. I didn't go through heartbreaks and rebounds. I have no idea what you've gone through in your past relationships. So what could I possibly tell you? How to find a boyfriend? Cause I sure as hell don't know. Judd happened to appear in my life by complete coincidence and a bit of stalker tactics, but we don't bring that up. Leah. Though I maybe older and Quote "Wiser". I know nothing. Even when Im writing I know nothing. You are in ALL honesty smarter than me here. So now let me ask you a question. What kind of relationships were you in before now?"

"Relationships I was in before? God they were all bad. And cringe. Ya know 7th grade I got my first boyfriend that lasted for a week and I don't believe we talked at all during that week. 8th grade I got another one. It lasted like a month before I realized that having a boyfriend then was stupid. Freshman year I didn't date focusing more on the change of high school. Now the last thing I had was a crush. On a boy who happened to be a head pusher. God and I thought he was so nice and worth it. I was stupid."

"But luckily for you. You now know what was wrong with that. You know you're worth. And I'm proud of you for being strong." I sigh. "A good relationship is trust. I trust Judd even though his past was rough. I know that he truly cares for me. And I adore him for that. If you feel that when you significant other goes out you have to worry that 'oh no he might be with someone else' Or 'what if he's cheating with someone right now?' That just sounds so horrible. Trust and of course love are the keys to a good relationship. Or so I believe so."

"Trust." Leah smiles. "Thank you Y/n." She yawns. 

"Lets get to bed. We've but up far too late." I look at the clock a have placed nicely on the wall. "3:00 am... Yeah let's get to bed."

Leah stands up. I follow shortly after.

"Goodnight Leah." I say walking the opposite way to my room. 

"Night." She walks to her room.

I slowly slide into bed trying not to wake Judd. 

"Took you long enough. I don't like laying here alone." He whispers quietly before grabbing me a pulling me closer to him.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Leah had somethings to talk about."

"What'd you guys talk about?" 

"Trust." I whisper. 

Theres a moment of comfortable silence.

"Y/n...do you trust me."

"I very much do. Do you trust me."

"Fuck yes." He nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck and I run my hand through his hair. 

"You better." I let out a small giggle.

"I'm glad you guys talked. I like that you to get along." 

"I'm glad she trusts me. I just wish I could tell her more about certain topics, but it's honestly difficult since I've kept to myself all this time." 

"Though you may not have learned those things from personal experience you could still learn it from movies or books. They have life lessons right?"

"Yeah I guess so. I dunno. I just really want to help her right now." 

"You are I promise you are."

"Thank you Judd. Thats very reassuring."

"You're welcome now can we finally go to sleep?"

"I don't think we will be getting a lot of sleep tonight."

"What why?" 

"Look." I point to the window and you can see the small gleam of light peering in.

"Damn. The suns already coming up." He flips onto his stomach and then shoves his face in the pillows. 

"Sorry to keep you up. You get to bed. I have some work to do might as well finish now."

"No don't gooo." 

"Ill be backkk" I drag out the last word while walking out the room. My hand stretched out to him.

I walk into my office sitting down on my chair. I let out a soft sigh. I turn my computer on and open pages. I look at the past chapters. I don't know what to write. I know what but how do I put the words onto the sheet? I sit back in the chair and look up at the ceiling running a hand through my hair. Words Just get them out. Just write them down... Finally sit up. Relax and begin typing. I continue writing until I hear the kids walk out of there room. Christ what time is it? I look up at the time on the computer. 10? It was like 5 when I started. What did I write. I look back to what I wrote. Multiple chapters. Well I'm done for the week. (The word week looks funny) I get up and walk out to Nick and Leah sitting on the couch talking. 

"Hey morning." I say.

"Oh morning y/n. How long have you been up?"

"Yeah you look super tired."

"I didn't sleep last night."

"What why?"

"Just to many things clouding my thoughts. but its okay I got a lot done."

"Oh okay just promise you'll go to sleep at a normal time tonight."

"Yeah I will." I don't know If I could keep that promise or not.

"Well I have good news." Leah says.

"Spill it." Nick says.

"Henry and I texted for a while last night. And I asked him to the double date and he said yes and we made a time and date to go to a cute little cafe called 'Bumpin Blues'. So tomorrow at 3 were going." She smiles look proud.

"What a coincidence." Judd walks out from our room. 

"What?" Nick says.

"Y/n and I went there the first day we met."

"And I used to work part time there. But since Judd moved in and took half the rent I no longer need to work there."

"I didn't know that!" Leah says. "Thats cool now you know the best things to get." 

"Well yeah if you think of it like that." I laugh.

"And if you and Judd hit it off there then it must be a perfect place for romance."

"I mean I wouldn't-"

"Let me have my moment." She cuts me off.

"Okay then."

"So are we meeting you there? Is he picking you up or am I?"

"He's picking me up. So we'll meet there."

"Okay sounds good."

"No it doesn't" 

"Judd stop." I say.

"Its fine."

"If anything happens I'm blaming you." He points a finger in my face to which I bite his finger.

"Ow" He pulls away.

"Hmph." 

"You two are children." Nick says.

"Says the literal child." Leah says.

We laugh and enjoy the rest of our day until we drop off Nick and Leah. 

"See you tomorrow Leah."

"Cya guys!" Her and Nick wave bye as we drive away.