6

I don't know what happened. Majority of the conversation before was a blur. Cause now I'm in her car and we are going to get coffee somewhere. "So Judd tell me about yourself?"
I don't know what to say.
"There isn't much to say about me."
"Oh c'mon everyone has a personality."
God she's adorable.
I smile.
"Fine. I hate my family because there to open about everything. I drink to much Jack Daniels and I have a bunch of Raccoons trained to kill my brother but also hold small catering events."
She opens her eyes a little wide before laughing a bit to herself.
"So your like those Disney princesses who have animals do there chores for them?"
I was anticipating her to make fun of me.
I chuckle. "I guess I am."
It goes silent for a second.
"You don't seem like the type to be talking to a girl like me. Or go to church?"
"I wasn't planning on talking to anyone. Mainly going for 2 minutes and sneaking off to do my own thing. And some things got in the way of the plan." I look over to her to see her reaction.
"I wonder what those things could be." She smiles. "Alrighty we're here." We get off and walk inside the smell of the coffee hits me strongly. I follow   y/n to the front.
"Is that Y/n!" A guy wearing a band t-shirt, ripped jeans, a beanie and combat boots comes out from behind the back.
"Watson!" She smiles at him. I wonder if there a thing?
He looks over at me.
"And you are." He smiles at me. Man these people always seem so happy.
"Judd. Judd Birch." I dont know if I should smile back.
"Nice to meet you! Now what can I get for you two?"
"I'll have my usual. Judd?"
"Black Coffee will be good."
"Alright I'll be right back."
"Okay." She says and walks over to the seating areas and choose and little table in the corner. "You seem very awkward."
"Well I'm not use to social outings. Well normal social outings." The last time I went out was to get wine for my sisters stupid party.
"Why's that?"
"If I knew I would tell you." I lied obviously.
"Okay." She smiles her signature smile.
"Y/n, Judd! Come get your coffee!" We get our coffee and She starts to open her satchel but I pay since she drove me here and has dealt with me so far.
"Thanks." She looks up and smiles at me. I blush ever so slightly but I know it's there.
"It's no problem..."
We say bye to Watson and We get back into the car and She begins to drive back to the church.
"So tell me about yourself Y/n?"
I smirk. I'm slowly gaining my confidence back.
"Well um. My mom left to... Wisconsin for a... business trip. And my Dad went with her." She hesitates.
"Really?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Yes. I also live alone."
"What else?"
"I don't have any siblings and I'm an author. I write fantasy and romance novels. I'm not big time author though. I work part time at the cafe with Watson. He's a old friend of mine." She says.
"That's why you guys seemed close. I was thinking your friends or your very addicted to coffee."
She laughs. "Well it's half and half."
I laugh a little. We pull up into the church.  We walk inside.
"I have to do some stuff for the children's classroom than sing. Sorry I'm a little bit busy."
"That's fine. It was nice getting to know you." I say.
"You too. I hope we can chat again."
I walk over to my parents remembering we are at church and I can't go home.
"Judd what the hell was that?" Leah says. I realized she now has a friend with her. Gross. Shannon she's a bitch.
"I went out for coffee."
"You also followed Y/n?" Nick says.
"I did. By accident I don't know."
"Well I don't want you messing around with Y/n. She has had a lot happen to her these past months."
Elliot says. I wonder what happened.
"What do you mean?"
"It's not my place to say. Anyways Your sitting in the row behind us because all the seats are taken up here."
"Fine. I didn't want to sit with you anyways." I mumble.
I sit down. A couple minutes later the band gets onto stage. Y/n walks in behind everyone closing the door behind her. A pastor tells everyone good morning. I'm focused on Y/n her movements seem so natural like she's not thinking about anything or anyone. The songs play and the band get off. She sang gorgeously. Which was anticipated. She comes through the front door to have a seat a listen to the sermon. I see her and wave her over. She smiles and comes and sits next to me. I see Leah give me a wink. I roll my eyes.
"Hey. Great job at singing. Your voice is amazing." I whisper In her ear to not disturb anyone.