33|the language of love

the language of love

It was one of those nights when all light could be provided by the moon. Beneath it, they existed.

It reflected perfectly against the ginger girl's tan skin, that which appeared darker under the enticing light of the universe, the universe that Elis often compared to Gray. And that if she wasn't as terrified but excited as she was that night, Elis would remain as careless as she felt. But they were in the lake, right when the night reached it's peak.

All the lights were turned off, but the moon served as little illumination that both girls could see more than just the silhouettes of each other's presence.

And they held each other close, the only warmth around being that of their bodies, somewhere in the middle of that ice cold lake where love easily flowed with the water around them.

But it was in that summer where love showed itself so richly between the two that it was astounding of how possible that was. How possible it was for love to exist so abundantly before. It was entirely staggering in it's irresistible force, that both girls would choose to be in that moment for the rest of their lives to come.

And it was when Elis held Gray close, the ginger resting her forehead against Elis's shoulder, that she breathed her in, which was the scent she wouldn't ever forget in this life. And it wasn't because Elis was the best person she's ever known, but because Elis was the only person who's ever known her best.

And she appreciated that.

Both girls gave so little but received so much more. It was remarkable how possible that was. Their love appeared so unexpectedly, but so captivating of every moment they've ever shared together.

It was entirely surreal, like the kind of bond the world had to store somewhere in the books of love. Because Gray remained everything to do with why Elis was finding herself alive in that moment, why she kept fighting so that she could be emerged from her deepest melancholy yet, and why she was then finding herself conjoined in so much happiness.

And under the moon on that summer night, existing in a way only they could, it was both girls' moment together, which meant so much more than their entire lives combined. It gave so much pride than entire galaxies aligned.

And if Elis could ever count the stars in the sky, they'd end up in Gray's name, because Gray was the beauty of the night. She was like a person created as a physical representation of what a galaxy looked like, what the beauty of outer space was, of which Elis just happened to find as a more intriguing sight than that shown by the dark canvas itself.

But it was their love represented in that form, their hearts revealing themselves in the purest of ways. Both girls felt as if they spent thousands of years living that destiny, but still it wasn't going to be enough. It wasn't ever going to feel enough... to sound enough.

The sound of love was astonishing.

And that was what both girls had.

But going away came nearer, as Elis would spend her last full day in the lake house, putting an end the visit she'd always remember.

And living with that thought, the only thing Elis could ever acknowledge were the ways in which that summer truly proved to be a beautiful happening, proving that love, in all ways, could be so easily found. That it didn't matter who they were, because they couldn've been entirely different people and still their souls would fall in love with each other.

It was bemusing how, in such a big world, Elis was able to find the one she truly loved. And to her, the ginger girl was perfect in so many ways. And it was when Elis thought of everything the ginger girl was when she saw her for the first time, that Elis realized one thing.

It was a love at first sight, a beautiful claim of her closed up heart.

And should this world ever be swallowed up by the oceans, should the universe ever go up into smoke and black ashes, still their love wouldn't dissipate.

Still, they'd just be just Elis and Gray.