13|mystery of love

mystery of love

The lonely moon reflected it's light against the window, illuminating the dark room with it's presence and exhorting it's comfort. Elis had her arm around Gray's shoulders, who rested her head on Elis's bare chest. The ginger girl had been drawing circles on the skin of Elis's arm, not stopping her actions for the last hour or so.

Elis exhaled in tranquility, holding the girl closer to her. "Does it make you happy?" She asked, referring to the unfathomable shapes the shorter girl had been trailing on her skin. She nodded, stopping the action and wrapping her arm around the taller girl's waist. "I've never been happier, Elis."

The ginger girl's words served as some sort of enigma, and Elis looked back up, releasing a sigh that ascended it's way up to the ceiling. "Happy because of what happened?"

"Yes. But also because of you."

"What about me?" Elis's words came out quicker, her arm tightening around the smaller girl's body as she awaited her answer. Gray sighed, snuggling closer to Elis and closing her eyes, envisioning everything about the girl she just shared her most sensual experience with.

"You're sad, most of the time. But internally, I see purity... it's as if you've been stained by the world. But I know there's joy and I like it when you open up and learn to trust again. So I guess that's what makes me feel happy."

"Aren't you a little apprehensive?" The taller girl remarked. "Giving in so much happiness in a moment neither of us know how long it will last?"

"Oh I'm hopeful," Gray countered, quite determinedly as she raised her head from Elis's chest to look at her face. "It's better to give than to take."

"But who gives when they can take?"

"I'm not afraid to give into happiness and openness, Elis. And you shouldn't be either."

"Where does a person begin in throwing out all their fears?" Elis whispered, looking into the eyes of Gray.

"I guess by being themselves," the shorter girl answered, and her words were engraved into Elis's mind when she'd woken up a few hours later, realizing that Gray was not lying by her side anymore.

In a way, she thought that she'd stay, but maybe things were a lot different in the busy light of day compared how they were in the quietness of the night.

She didn't want her to leave, nor did she want the night to end. She wanted to keep holding her, to keep kissing her. Her image infested Elis's mind, and it was what Elis would want to keep dreaming of...the uniquely wonderful night in which both girls existed.

Their connection was pure, passionate, without external forces and contrasting opinions. They'd simply lived in the night, deeming each other more important than anything they'd ever encountered in life. It felt as if their lives didn't even matter, it didn't matter who both girls were, their identities were thrown out the window in complete disregard. They simply took each other as beings, without investing in worry nor basking in doubt, and all mistakes causing heartache and pain were forgotten, as Gray simply kissed Elis, and Elis simply kissed Gray.

Attraction was the very last word to describe their connection and what both girls felt all alone in the night. It was more than just physical contact, the emotional part and even the sexual tension that allured both girls in an infinity of their own influence.

They'd simply been, and to simply be, that meant more than any physical contact or emotional aspect that had taken place, somewhere in that quiet summer night.

And it was when Elis heard the call of her name by her mother, along with consciously realizing that she was alone in the room, that she knew the night was gone, and so it with Gray.