27|somewhere only we know

somewhere only we know

It was in that moment when she first loved somebody, when she first loved her, that everything began to put itself together again.

Elis hadn't known the feeling of peace and tranquility before, not after Bryson died, but it was until Gray arrived that she felt it.

All Elis has ever been living in was the wretchedness of who she was, of who she wanted to be... who she could be. But she never quite explored her possibilities much. Her calamity felt as though it would last forever, like a seed deeply rooted inside her soul, growing relentlessly, until Elis became nothing but the pain the world wanted her to be.

But to be so deeply fascinated by such beauty of Gray, by such heartfelt kindness, such absolute charisma and spiritual intelligence. It was better than a lot of things, to know and just to feel.

She imagined a life she knew was so greatly possible, but also imagined a fully satisfying life she knew would be somewhat impossible.

Because Elis would never truly feel satisfied with what the world gave.

Because even in Gray's presence, Elis still felt like she was miles away, which would only prove to how much she could never get too close to Gray.

Every part of her needed more.

And just like that, Gray was the one Elis wanted to live through an infinity with. To lock themselves up in a universe they've found in the summer. The one they made their home, which would mean a lot more than what anything else could provide.

"I'd stay like this forever," Elis said, making the ginger girl only hold her tighter. She rested her head against Elis's shoulder...

"I don't want you to go," the ginger girl cooed, confessing what failed to let her ease, which was the only thing she had not been able to keep out of her mind for as long as she first thought of it.

And Elis's heart clenched, because Gray was honest. She was overcoming of the darkest times that Elis found herself trapped in, for so long she thought she'd never see the sun again.

But to wake up and be held by Gray, whom has gracefully done so when Elis woke up in her arms on that summer afternoon, was what made her happier, kinder. She almost slept through the entire day, but Gray was still there. And the ginger girl would forever be there for as long as she could.

"I can't ever truly go," Elis said.

"But you can leave, in a way that I can't touch you anymore... That I can't kiss you..."

But it was in the middle of the ginger girl's teary eyes, that Elis kissed her, pulling Gray closer, which confirmed what Gray meant by not being able to do that anymore. But Elis refused to acknowledge anything about it, as she held Gray close enough, taking a deep breath before looking straight at her.

"I love you," she said. "I love that you're honest, and so beautiful from the inside out."

Gray exhaled, letting Elis's words pulsate through her that she didn't think twice than to let them take over everything else. And if she had to fully lose herself just so that she could become the girl in her arms, she'd do without question. She'd give without regard. She'd be without doubt.

"It's because of honesty, that I see beauty. That we see beauty," Elis continued. "It's easier to make beauty out of honesty, just as it is easier to make honesty out of beauty. But it's much harder to make beauty out of something that's dishonest. And with that I mean it's difficult to miss your comeliness, Gray."

Elis turned over that she was fully facing Gray, pulling her arm over the ginger girl's body. "I see it when you smile, when you walk, when you talk, and even when you breathe." Elis sighed, momentarily closing her eyes as if to push all of her thoughts back. "It's an egregious example of how wonderful a person you are."

"If you think so, if you mean that at all... Then consider staying. Please. I know your time is running out, our time, Elis. I need more."

Elis held Gray close, which was the only thing she felt she could do for Gray to see just how much she didn't want to be apart from her at all.

"There's nothing I want more than that Gray," she whispered, but Elis could never truly explain what she felt as the days of their summer passed before their eyes.

She couldn't even begin to explain how she not expected to come back to the lake house that she left in grief, only to find love.

And Gray would forever remain as Elis's safe haven, her personal safety cloud, who'd only be the beauty Elis has ever seen in this life, the only beauty Elis would ever want to see at all... Which was more attractive than a wallpaper of space. Planets of emotions collided to create what they knew as their love. And their stars shone brighter when Elis kissed Gray, creating patterns more enticing than any sunset they've ever gazed.

But that's all love was... An illecebrous mystery. A beauty that made any nature jealous.