22|for the laughter i feel up to your arms

for the laughter I feel up to your arms

"I can't believe you didn't tell me it was your birthday," Gray frowned, resting her back against the stem of the tree as Elis smoked, a basket of fruit as a gift from Aunt Lauren in front of her.

"I figured since Mom told Aunt Lauren the message would automatically get to you."

"Well you were wrong," Gray replied, upset that she couldn't get Elis anything.

Elis caught the younger girl's disappointed gaze, and leaned over to leave a single kiss on the ginger girl's lips after acknowledging that nobody was in sight.

The small kiss made Gray feel a little better, but she wanted more, so she reached out to hold Elis's hand in hers.

"We could go somewhere far," the shorter girl said, almost dreamingly.

"Really Gray?" Elis smiled. "Are you sitting there dreaming of running away with a girl officially three years older than you?"

Gray's face burned. And Elis could almost mistake the strawberries in the basket to Gray's cheeks. "That's not what I meant. What I was saying is that we could go somewhere... Somewhere we at least don't have to hide and somewhere that's not your room."

Elis took a long drag of the smoke Gray had lit for her, which had become a tradition between the two girls. "Honestly, running away doesn't sound much bad either," Elis replied, and soon both girls found themselves walking on the wide road that led downtown.

"There's a spot just on the other side of the town that I like to go to," Gray said, subconsciously reaching out to hold Elis's hand. "But I only go there with Aunt Lauren's permission, which would come after convincing her that I could indeed go out and not get myself kidnapped or something. She thinks I look vulnerable with my short height and small frame, and could be mistakened for a person way much younger."

"I think she's right," Elis agreed, making Gray turn her head to unbelievably glance at the taller girl beside her. "Well, the part where she said you look younger."

"I don't," the ginger girl contradicted. "In fact, I think I could pass as an eighteen year old."

"Really?" Elis was amused. "Okay fine. Let's try that out."

Gray was surprised by Elis pulling her as she led her to a pub. It was empty, except for a group of four boys who didn't look much away from her age, seated around a table with drinks in their hands.

"Why don't you try buying alcohol from here? To see if you can really pass as an eighteen year old."

Gray was stunned, she had not expected it, but the ginger girl was ready to accept the challenge as Elis handed her a twenty dollar bill.

"Elisabeth Collins," the ginger said, fixing her shirt and flapping her red hair over her shoulders. "Watch and learn."

"Oh I will," Elis said, biting her bottom lip and although it wasn't seductively, it still managed to catch Gray's attention, the ginger girl wishing to have those lips pressed against hers, or further down her body as the taller girl used it to make her come. And then Gray couldn't help but acknowledge how she'd never had such thoughts before.

Elis was her first everything. She was the first person Gray had kissed, the first person she felt something other than friendship for, the first person she had sex with. And even though Gray knew nothing other than Elis, she was okay with letting Elis have all of her firsts, because when she held her hand and looked into her eyes, Gray saw an endless infinity that she wished to live.

So after accepting the challenge, the ginger girl walked into the pub, with confident strides, as Elis leaned against the door frame and looked at her amusedly.

When she reached the bar, Gray pulled out the twenty dollar bill, saying something to the barman who immediately shifted his gaze to Gray's small size.

"I.D," the man dressed in black uniform said, with a stern voice and a doubtful look.

From the back, she saw Gray's shoulders falling, but the ginger girl was still talking.

"Sorry kid. I can't give you anything unless you show me your ID. That's the law."

As soon as the man said that, Gray turned around to leave, a disappointed look crossing her face. Elis was waiting for her to come over so that she could hold her by the waist, kiss her lips, and tell her that she'd rather have her not looking or acting older than she was.

But it was when the four boys seated around the table called after Gray as she walked past that Elis fixated her gaze on them, pushing herself from the door frame to pay more attention.

"Don't worry 'bout him. We can get you drinks," one of the boys with wavy hair and dark toned skin said.

"Yeah, just join us baby. What would you like to have?" Said another pale boy with brown hair, and Elis clenched her teeth as she glared at them. She told herself to wait for Gray to tell them off and walk over to her, but it was when the boy with brown hair reached to grab Gray's butt that forced the taller girl's involvement.

"Don't fucking touch her," Elis bellowed, Gray immediately turning around to look at a beyond furious Elis.

"Lay your dirty little hands on her again and I swear I'll--"

"Elis it's fine, let's go," Gray cut her off, but Elis was more focussed on the brunet boy instead.

"Oh you wanna join us too?" The brunet boy countered, standing up with a sick smirk and Gray moved to stand next to Elis.

"We could have a double trouble, ya know. Two hot girls, one feisty one shy, there's a lot I can--" the drunk boy was stopped by a fist to his jaw, and Elis further tackled him to the floor, holding a hand against his neck and hardening her hold enough for the boy to start chocking.

The rest of the boys were stunned, choosing not to interfere as they watched their friend get taken down by a girl, but Elis was in a mood not to be messed with. "Say that shit one more time and you're fucking done. You hear me? Touch her one more fucking time and see what'll happen."

Elis angrily released him, giving all the boys a dirty look one more time before grabbing Gray's hand and walking out the pub, leaving the boy coughing on the floor as he held his neck.