Chapter 1: Meeting Dr. Morano

Start from the beginning

"We're on the verge of a divorce." I spoke.

"And how long have you two been married?"

"Five years."

"And when did you feel like you marriage was beginning to fall apart?"

"It started two years ago. Chris and I got into a huge argument, I don't even remember what it was about. But, it got physical real fast." I said as I remembered that day.

Dr. Morano immediately looked at Chris. "Physical how?"

"He said something and I got angry about it, so I slapped him, and he hit me back, and we ended up fighting. And we've been doing nothing, but arguing for he past two years. We both think divorce is the best option, but we don't want any of this to effect the kids."

"How many kids do you two have?"

"Three."

"How do you feel about all of this, Chris, do you want a divorce?"

"No." He said.

"Okay, this is what we're going to do." She said. She grabbed two pieces of paper and two pens and handed them to us. "You're going to write down three things that you dislike about your spouse.

I immediately started writing things down on the paper. Within a few minutes, I was done and so was Chris.

"Briana, would you like to go first?"

"Sure." I said. "I dislike that he's always lieing about he's whereabouts. I dislike that he doesn't treat me like he used to. And I dislike that he sometimes puts his music before me." I confessed.

"Okay, Chris, your turn."

"I dislike that she always thinks I'm cheating because of the things I've done in the past. I dislike that she befriended her ex after her broke he heart. And I dislike that she always starts pointless arguments."

"Okay, now that we've got the things you dislike about each other, flip the piece of paper over onto the back and write down three things you love about each other.

I immediately began writing. There was so many things that I loved about Chris, and I couldn't just narrow it down to three. Within a matter of minutes, my paper was completely filled.

"Okay, since Briana started last time, Chris, you start this time." Dr. Morano said.

I stared at Chris as he remained quiet. I didn't know what was going on, but continued to be quiet.

I snatched the paper out of his hand to see what he wrote about me and it was blank. "Really Chris! You couldn't think of anything that you love about me?" I yelled. I bawled the paper up and threw it at him and stromed out of the room with tears in my eyes.

As I was walking to the car, I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around, hoping that it was Dr. Morano, trying to save our session, but it was only Chris.

"Chris, get the hell away from me!" I yelled and pulled my arm out of his grip, the continued walking to the car. I suspected Chris to follow me, but when I turned around, he was gone. I assumed that he went back into Dr. Morano's office.

Once I was finally at the car, I let out all my tears. I was crying uncontrollably and hyperventilating. Soon, I looked out the window, to see Chris coming towards the car. I tried to wipe my tears so he couldn't see me crying, but it was no use.

"Briana, I-" Chris started

"Just take me home." I said barely above a whisper.

The entire ride home, Chris kept resting his hand on my thigh, and trying to comfort me, but he was just wasting his time.

Once we were home, I went upstairs and into Chris and I's bedroom, not forgetting to close and lock the door behind me. How could he say that there's not anything that he loves about me. I'm sure there has to be something, why else did he marry me?

I cried all day long until it was time to pick the kids up from school. I couldn't let them see me like this.

~~~

How do you like the first chapter?

What do you think about Chris and Briana?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

Briana in the multimedia >>>