𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN sluggishly moved down the street after speeding down the road he had been so many times before, visiting Lucy and her kids. His eyes were dull and his face was void of emotion or hint of any feeling.

The only thing anyone would notice about the man as he walked down the dimly lit street close to 10 p.m. would be the wetness gracing his cheeks and the watering of his eyes. It had been a wonderful and terrible night all at the same time.

"Okay, you know what to do right?" Lucy asked once more while standing on the porch of her house with Peter and Barry. The rest of the kids already said their goodbyes and good lucks to both guys as they readied to head off.

Peter groaned and nodded his head for what seemed to be the millionth time to the same question asked by Lucy. "Yes, I've been training and training and training. And I kinda wish I was back training with you compared with what Cisco's made me do."

Lucy ignored the snarky remark on her training methods and just sighed with her arms crossed against her chest. "I know, I know. But it's only been two days and I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"Nothing will." Barry assured the worried red-head, "We should be done by 12 p.m. at the latest. Hoping to be done sooner than that though."

Lucy nodded, "I'll be up whenever you return." She turned to Peter, "You're lucky tonight isn't a school night. Also, Aspen said she's gonna try to stay up so you can read to her but you'll have to make it up in the morning because we both know she's gonna be passed out by 10:30."

Peter chuckled and took a deep breath, trying to release some of the tension in his body. Barry saw.

"Peter," Barry said grabbing the boy's attention, "If you don't want to do this, you know you don't have to. I would never force you into something you don't want to do or aren't ready for."

Peter shook off Barry, "No, no. I'm fine, let's just get going okay?"

Barry nodded and with one more final last hug from Lucy to the both of them, Barry and Peter disappeared from the porch of the house.

He struggled to move towards the house he had inhabited so many times before. He knew that this was going to be one of the most difficult things he's ever done and probably would ever do.

Barry just wished it wouldn't have had to end like this. Not this way. Not here, not now. He swallowed a gulp of regret and sobs as he saw the lights that were still on in the living room.

Another exhale left Barry's mouth as he realized what he was going to have to face.

"Okay, Peter. You know what you have to do right?" Barry questioned the young boy who was standing behind S.T.A.R. Labs as they all waited for the right time when Zoom would come.

Peter rolled his eyes, "Yeah, we've only gone over the plan five million times."

Barry ignored the remark, "Just recite it back to me." He ordered.

Peter put on his best Barry Allen impression, "Alright, listen here, you're gonna be placed at the back left end of the magnetar, and when you see an opposite pulse reaction you heat up the base of the ring as hot as you can." He mimicked and then added, "But being safe and careful."

Barry sighed at Peter's impression of him and took a deep breath. This was about to get started and stuff was about to go down.

"Just remember that you can speak through the comms at any time and if anything feels like it's going wrong, tell me." Barry pointed out for the hundredth time that night.