𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN'S blood pressure was rocketing as he was racing back to his current time, his present. There was this Time Wraith chasing behind him with a screech that could match Iris's scream that one time she mistook Barry's science experiment for her shampoo and it dyed her hair hot pink for a few days. Let's just say that Iris took a few sick days from school, but the pink ended up fading and Barry's allowance money was put to apology candy.

It did not help that Barry couldn't help looking behind him every so often to see how close the Wraith was and seeing that hideous creature's face was very offputting when you were running for your life.

Right now, he was really hoping that Cisco and Caitlin had come up with a way to stop this incoming Time Wraith and had figured out how to kill it before it killed Barry. Barry pushed himself harder and harder to get back to his time, not even noticing the enticing memories around him of his mother, his father, his family, or even his proudest moments in life.

Barry landed on his side on the floor of the cortex directly where he left originally in time, "It's coming!" Barry warned Cisco and Caitlin who were standing at the computers.

"Did you even go?" Caitlin asked.

Barry shook his head a little bit, now was not the time for Barry's lecture, Time Travel Wonders 101, no, now was the time to eliminate the Time Wraith that was chasing him down to kill him.

"The Time Wraith," Barry stated trying to turn everyone's attention onto the only thing that really mattered right now.

Cisco pointed at Barry who was standing up, "That's a good name." He replied.

"Looks like that's a yes," Caitlin said, answering her own question as she and Cisco pulled away from the monitors they were once looking at.

Barry looked at the two frantically, "Did you figure out how to stop it?" Because if they didn't, Barry would need to mentally prepare himself to be brutally murdered by an evil time demon.

Then Barry heard and saw the grey, skeleton-like creature float into the doorway of the cortex. Cisco and Caitlin turned around and Cisco pointed a gun at it, then firing some sort of barrier towards it, unfortunately (for Barry especially), it didn't really seem to faze the Wraith as it kept moving forwards.

Cisco backed up against the circular table as the Wraith approached with a confused face, "Damn, we thought so." He replied honestly.

Then that's when Barry started to panic and go through his head.

Oh my god, I'm gonna die.

What will my grave say?

I think my will states that everything goes to Joe.

But, that will was from the seventh grade and not made in front of a lawyer.

Damn, Lucy's gonna kill me for canceling another date.

Wait, I'll already be dead.

Will I turn into a guardian angel?

Or can I just haunt the hell out of Cisco for indirectly killing me?

Then, before Barry could answer any more of the questions flying through his head, the Wraith bypassed Caitlin and Cisco and lunged at him, sending Barry back onto the ground. The Wraith's wrinkly arms were tight against Barry's throat as it held him to the ground, unable to fight against it whatsoever.

For something that looked so scrawny, damn it was strong. Maybe having no legs and thus no leg day meant that it couldn't skimp out on those bicep curls.