𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 »

❝♛❞

LUCY RATHAWAY opened her door to find Barry with Aspen and Penny.

She smiled at the man, "Hey Barry,"

"Barry knows our whole family is meta-humans," Aspen blurted out randomly. And yes, she knew as soon as she said it that it was maybe the wrong thing to say. So the reaction she received was not entirely surprising. When Lucy looked at Barry, he gave a small smile.

Lucy grabbed her kids by the arms, yanked them inside and went to shut the door. Satisfied, she locked the door seeing that Barry was outside. She turned around to see him inside her house now.

Barry timidly waved, "Hey,"

"What?" Lucy shouted as she turned back to the door and kept looking between the door and Barry. "How did you- are you a- what did you-"

Barry interrupted Lucy's blabbering, "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'll answer all your questions, but we have to talk first," Lucy sighed.

"Peter!" Lucy called out. Barry watched as a boy, probably around Genevieve's age appeared from a door in the hallway. The boy, Peter, waited for instructions.

Lucy rubbed her fingers at her temples, "Please take Aspen and Penny to the playroom. Grab Genevieve on the way, I'll come to get you guys later,"

"B-but," Aspen stuttered. The last thing she wanted was to cause trouble and get the whole family separated from one another. Peter doubled back from leading Penny and grabbing Genevieve to go to the backroom and he put his hand gently on his little sister's shoulder.

"Come on, I'll start reading the Chronicles of Narnia that Lucy got for your birthday," Peter offered. Aspen took his hand and let Peter lead her down the hallway.

Lucy went to sit down at the dining table and gestured Barry to follow her actions, "What happened?" She asked. There was tension all in her shoulders, hands, face, and every inch of her body.

Barry cleared his throat, "Well, somehow they made their way into S.T.A.R Labs and I found them in an elevator. I, uh, saw them. What they can do, I mean. I know. Aspen kinda let it sip that your whole family is meta-humans?"

Lucy grabbed her wallet out of her back pocket and started pleadingly furiously, "Look, please, just don't tell anyone. They-they haven't done anything wrong, so please don't- don't lock them up or turn them in. They are all I have, please, I-I have money."

Barry grabbed Lucy's hands that were scrambling for her wallet and held them gently in his comfortingly, "Hey, you don't have to do that. I promise I won't let anything happen to them, okay? It's going to be okay."

Lucy stared into Barry's eyes with her own watering eyes on the verge of tears, "Wh-what?"

"You don't have to do anything, pay anything, or say anything. Did you really think I would turn them in? Turn you in?"

Lucy stuttered, her wallet falling onto the table, "I-I," Lucy stood up from the chair and table and walked around to give Barry a long, grateful hug. Barry hugged back.

Barry pulled back, "I would like to know how all this happened?" He asked.

"Only if you tell me too," Lucy countered, teasingly. She wiped the tears that escaped down her face and walked over to the kitchen countertop, "Can I get you anything to drink? I think we may be here for a while."

Barry smiled a smile that Lucy returned. The situation immediately lightened with a few sentences.

Barry nodded, "Uh, yeah, I guess? Maybe some water if you don't mind?" Lucy nodded and grabbed two glasses, filling them with water and handing one to Barry. Each of them returning to their places at the wooden table, across from each other. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Lucy took a sip of her water and broke the seeming everlasting awkward silence.