𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 »

❝♛❞

GENEVIEVE CARR walked through the many hallways at CCPD. Lucy had asked her to deliver Penny to Barry at CCPD who was going to work on an extra credit project that Penny's online teachers had so humbly granted her. Genevieve was going to stay until she got an emergency practice for her Academic Decathalon group that was mandatory for their upcoming travels to Starling City, so Genevieve was going to check up on Penny after that.

"You know where to go from here?" Genevieve questioned Penny as they approached the front desk area.

Penny nodded, "Yep," She replied popping the p, "Barry said he was gonna meet us down-"

"Penny!" A voice shouted from the balcony stairs above the offices. There stood Barry while people looked at him weirdly. You could see the flush on his cheeks as he realized he shouted that in front of everyone there.

Penny and Genevieve waved at him from down the stairs and Barry made his way down.

"Are you staying? Genevieve." Barry questioned, it wasn't like he forgot her name, she just wasn't the top two kids of Lucy's that he saw the most. It was always Peter, because of trouble, and Penny, because of school.

Genevieve shook her head, "No, I gotta get to a school meeting. We're going over travel plans to Starling City for the academic decathlon, but I'll be back in an hour? Maybe less, maybe more."

Barry shrugged, "Okay, uh, we will probably still be at it so I'll get someone to look out for you coming so you can be sent up,"

Then Penny took Barry's hand, starting dragging him away and waved at her sister, "Bye Genevieve!" Genevieve smiled, waved back and walked away.

Penny practically bounced up the stairs as Barry led the way to his lab, "Do you wanna hear what my extra-credit project is?" She asked.

Barry chuckled, "Well I think I would need to if I'm gonna help you with this," He replied.

"It's about The Chemical Properties That Serve In DNA Testing," Penny stated while making it up the stairs and turning into a hallway.

Barry led her to a separate concrete wall hallway leading into a pretty large doorway into his lab, it was a little messy with papers everywhere, but what do you expect when he flashes out of the room probably multiple times a day.

"Okay, uh, I could be like an expert opinion person that you interview, or you could look over some court files and pull some quotes from that," Barry said walking over to a large file cabinet.

He rummaged through the drawers, "I'm sure I have some copies of my testimonies and affidavits somewhere,"

Penny went to talk, but then Barry turned around and looked right at her, "I think they're down with Joe. Tell you what, I'll run down, grab them and bring them back here, okay? I'll be back," Barry said while running out of the room. At normal speed, of course. But still quick enough that Penny couldn't say anything to stop him.

Penny just watched as she was left in a room she had never been in, unsupervised. Well, this was already turning out great. She grabbed a spin chair and started to make her set up on one of Barry's empty spaces (there weren't many) on a table. She set down her giraffe tote bag that she had brought with her on the table. It was her school bag really. Not a traditional backpack, but it basically served the same purpose, but homeschool style.

She slid her school computer out of her protective case and put it on the table, taking out her science textbook, folder, and research books as well. Penny had brought all this stuff so Barry didn't feel unprepared or had to get anything. But, that didn't turn out.