𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN sighed for what seemed to be the hundredth time that day. It had been a tough day trying to train Linda Park, his ex and the Earth-1 doppelganger of the person who blinded him, to foil the plans of Zoom. Barry hadn't told Lucy about Zoom, there was just no need to right now.

But he was thinking about it now. I mean, how hard was it to blow off a cardboard head of Barry with light blasting gloves! Apparently, very hard. The whole team was just done with the training and Linda was feeling bad.

"Pssst, Barry!" Cisco whispered to Barry behind him on the platform with computers and railings to watch Linda. Barry was standing off the platform in front, ready to get the fire extinguisher if needed, again. Barry's eyes didn't leave Linda as he slowly took a few steps back towards Cisco who was leaning over the railing, flagging him over.

"What?" Barry replied back. He winced as Linda blasted the wall, thank goodness it was made out of nearly indestructible material.

"I have an idea," Cisco informed, "What if Lucy could help?"

Barry sighed, again, "Lucy doesn't know about this whole Zoom problem and we don't need to bring her into this either," He explained.

And it's was completely true. Lucy didn't need to be involved with Zoom. Zoom was ruthless and wouldn't hesitate to use Lucy as a weakness. Or her entire family. And Lucy would never forgive Barry if something happened to her kids because of the mess Barry is involved in. Also, Barry liked having someone who knew he was the Flash but didn't help out. He could keep a separate life without losing who he was and that was nice. He had that somewhat with Iris until she found out and Eddie died.

"But she could help, Barry," Cisco pointed out and then brought out a piece of paper and showed Barry, "This is the results from testing her powers and from what I've found, they are practically limitless. It's possible that she could bend and help move the light beams that Linda throws, making it easier for it to look natural and real!"

Barry shook his head, "It's also possible that she can't do that with her powers and she becomes roped into this. It's not worth it,"

Cisco scoffed, "But if Zoom thinks you're dead, then you won't have to worry about him coming after you anymore or any Earth-2 metas that he might send over. Earth-2 metas that will be looking for links in your life like Lucy,"

Barry fell silent for a moment. It would be better to end it now and not have to worry about Zoom. To get him off their trail so they could create a plan to defeat him.

"Alright, I'll call her," Barry gave in. He took a step into the hallway and pulled out his phone from his pocket and rang her number.

"Hey, Barry,"

"H-Hey, how'd you know it's me?"

"The caller ID and contact info,"

"Oh, right," Barry nervously laughed, "Look, I kinda need a favor from you,"

"What kind of favor?"

"Do you have any plans tonight? And, like, right now?"

"No, I'm just chilling at home. The shop is closed today for inventory stock, my manufacturers' delivery stalled and they're a day late so I'm working out some things at home,"

"Oh, uh, could you come and meet me at S.T.A.R Labs? I promise I'll explain everything to you when you get here, that is if you can get here,"

"Um, I can only leave Genevieve in charge for about two hours until dinner time, but after that, I can meet for a little longer,"