𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

CISCO RAMON was tired of being the messenger. Okay, so he loved being friends with both Lucy and Barry, but it was getting hella tiring giving advice, or sending messages to either of them. Cisco could play Cupid, but not freakin' Hermes. Two different things.

After the Kendra situation, Cisco and Barry returned to Central City where Lucy had already returned a few days earlier and Barry was feeling really bad after thinking about Lucy. Yeah, so he sent her home. So? Cisco would have done the exact same thing with Kendra if only Kendra wasn't a reincarnated woman that died for thousands of years after finding her soulmate in different lives.

Either way, Cisco was tired of watching Barry and Lucy dance around their feelings. And being one of their only mutual friends meant that Cisco was playing matchmaker and constantly told one about the other. Whether it was:

Lucy can't do Thursday night because Aspen has a parent night.

Barry can't do lunch on Monday because he has to catch up on writing up case reports.

Barry can't do brunch today because he's unconscious right now and broke three bones in his leg.

Yeah, mostly it was Barry who had Cisco send out excuses. Plausible excuses, but excuses nonetheless. But no Barry was better than impaired Barry from what Cisco had heard of when Barry spent the night at Lucy's when he couldn't see due to Doctor Light.

It was honestly tiring and it didn't stop as Christmas was approaching and Barry and Lucy were texting Cisco even more, yes for the rescheduled date but also for potential Christmas gifts. It was honestly so sweet it was disgusting in Cisco's eyes. Barry wasn't even able to ask Lucy about what Peter, Aspen, Genevieve, and Penny wanted for Christmas because Barry was worried about Lucy worrying about Barry worrying about having to get gifts for the kids.

Yes, lots of worrying. But now Barry and the entire Flash crew were spending their time trying to rein back in the Trickster and Mark Mardon while also preparing for Christmas.

So there was a bit of a break from that constant worrying and Cisco was very thankful for that. Yes, it did suck that the only time there was peace from the ringing of texts was when Barry was risking his life, but it made it so Cisco could just talk to Lucy as his friend Lucy. Not with Barry asking, "Are you texting Lucy?" or "Can you ask Lucy what her favorite color is?".

Like yesterday, Barry was so busy with trying to get Mardon and the Trickster under wraps before Christmas that Cisco was just texting Lucy in peace and got a cute photo of Penny and Aspen sitting on Santa's lap on what seemed to be Central City Park. Not the most original park name. But it was still a cute picture. The usual scenery for most Santas. Candy canes, green and red presents, lots of fake snow, and a red carpet leading up to Santa. Although the Santa in the picture looked a little old or just mega weird. Then about an hour ago, Cisco got another picture of their fully decorated Christmas tree with a few presents underneath it.

But now Cisco was a little busy trying to save Barry from Mardon and the Trickster's wrath. Barry was currently trying to take down Mardon alone and Trickster was nowhere in sight. Mardon just fell from the ground as Barry used the Weather Wand against him.

Mardon grunted as he slowly got up.

"You really didn't think I'd let you hurt all these people, did you?" Barry asked. He was standing above Mardon who was still on the ground.

Mardon chuckled, "No, of course not, but bet you're gonna let me hurt you."

Then wheels started skidding and a green and red present were left at Barry's feet. There were wheels on the bottom of the gift and were most likely being controlled by a remote. Everyone from the square had left and run for cover from Mardon.