𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN really didn't want to reschedule another date with Lucy. It was really unfair on how the date was supposed to make up for the favors Barry has asked her in the past, but he just piles on more favors when he needs to reschedule and reschedule.

And Lucy was just the sweetest woman ever to make him feel better about having to reschedule the dates. They had planned six dates and five out of those six, Barry had to reschedule. One because of a parent night that Lucy had with Aspen and Barry tried to make her feel better about having to reschedule too.

And to make her feel better he promised to grind hard at work to clear a whole three hour period where he wouldn't have to catch up on paperwork or case files. But that fell through when the Turtle (which had to be one of the lamest names every) had appeared and then they had a lead that he was going after this painting at an art exhibit. A chance that Barry might never get after the art exhibit because they had no idea what the Turtle was after with all the heists.

The CCPD hasn't seen any online black market auctions and nothing Turtle stole had appeared up again. And it wasn't like he could just store all the things he's been stealing in his apartment. At least, not the apartments in Central City. To have that kind of room would cost a fortune in the middle of town.

So now Barry was racking his brain for a solution and then it hit him. Or rather, Joe offered the most obvious in taking Lucy to the art exhibition as the date and of course warning her that something may go wrong.

You would think with super-speed, Barry would have been at Lucy's door at the agreed on time (6 p.m) ready to go and excited for a classy dinner afterward, but it was the complete opposite. Lucy was now sitting out on her front porch, yes she had to grab a chair from inside, at 6:30 p.m.

Yes, Lucy had made sure with Cisco and Caitlin that there was no spur of the moment case that grabbed their attention. Yes, Lucy had called and texted Barry several times and even had Cisco and Caitlin text him as well. And yes, Lucy was extremely tempted to use the emergency only button app on her phone that Cisco showed her to install.

It was a simple panic danger button that would alert Barry of her whereabouts and Lucy was told he would come right away when it was used, but in the end, Lucy decided against it. The last thing she needed was Barry to flash over in his Flash suit and then have to go back and change only to come back. It would be rather pointless, but pointless was better than 45 minutes late so Lucy gave him a silent ultimatum in her head.

Get here in the next 15 minutes or she was gonna fake an emergency. Was it smart? No. Was it petty? Yes. Did Lucy care while sitting out in the cold wearing a gorgeous navy blue ankle-length dress that had elegant hanging mid-sleeves and was loosely fitted to her figure with a few gold accents accentuating her curves? No cause Lucy was freezing her butt off without a jacket or even a shawl to go over her shoulders because as Genevieve, Penny, and Aspen said, all the jackets she owned would "compromise the look".

When Lucy heard and saw the red-orange lightning across from her from the sidewalk, she groaned.

"Finally, what took you so long, Barry?" She asked as she gently gathered her dress and descended the wooden porch stairs. She looked up to see Barry standing there in a dashing black tux with a white undershirt and a black bowtie.

He also seemed out of breath while holding what seemed to be multiple bouquets of different assortment of flowers in both hands.

Barry blushed and it contributed to the already rosy cheeks, "I, uh, wanted to make it up to you about the, uh, other dates that we had to cancel. So I had a really cool idea to buy you flowers for every date I had to reschedule, but then I guess I took longer than I realized and I hadn't even showered or gotten dressed by then-" Barry started rambling while still holding the five bouquets of flowers.