𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 »

❝♛❞

BARRY ALLEN walked into the Earth-2 CCPD, dressed as the Earth-2 Barry, who in Earth-1 Barry's opinion, had no fashion sense at all. The bowtie was a choice, but with that hair and glasses? Sorry, just-just no. He looked like a mega-nerd and Barry felt bad for his doppelganger in middle and high school because if Tony Woodward bullied Earth-1 Barry and he dressed normally, Barry wouldn't be surprised if he turned out homeschooled.

Barry looked around the familiar yet so different looking lobby of the police department. Nothing had really changed here other than the different lighting and a few different people. He walked into the desk space of all the detectives and officers and looked around, spotting a nameplate he recognized, "Detective West".

"Barry?" A named called behind him. And not the West he was expecting. Barry turned around to find Iris with her hair in a bun, a black blouse shirt, and a grey pencil skirt. But the most shocking part of her outfit was the gun holster attached to her waist.

Then it hit him. Detective West was Iris. Iris West. That means that Joe doesn't work for the CCPD and does something else.

"Yeah?" He asked with an unintentional voice crack, "Uh, I mean yeah?" Barry tried again, this time clearing his throat.

"Are you still coming to my dad's gig tonight?" Iris asked casually, not catching on to Barry's weird and uncomfortable stance.

Barry's eyes widened, "What?"

"At Jitterbugs tonight. He's gonna be singing like he always does and you have to come! You were busy on a case the last time and couldn't make it so you kinda owe this to me as your best friend." Iris said while chuckling.

"Right," Barry said, kinda confused. He was assuming that Jitterbugs was Jitters but Earth-2 style and then Joe singing? He had no idea about that tidbit.

Then Iris sighed and looked behind Barry through the window and out at the front desk, "Well would you look at who's back." She said.

Barry turned around to find a familiar mop of red hair. Lucy. Except for this mop of red hair was slicked into a tight bun at the back of her head and was wearing a nice business navy blue dress that complimented her curves without feeling too formal. Tagging behind her at the front desk lobby area was a beaming Penny in a yellow dress with her hair in a half-up, half-down braided hairstyle looking happier than ever, and Genevieve and Peter who seemed pretty normal.

"Lucy?" He mumbled under his breath so no one could hear him. She looked so different, so business. And the kids. They looked happier. Less burdened than they did on Earth-1.

He followed Iris, trailing behind her as they approached the family as Barry looked around for Aspen around the Rathaway bunch only to find that she wasn't there. Did she exist on this Earth? Or maybe she just didn't tag along. Why was Lucy here in the first place anyway?

"Well, well, well, what do you need Ms. Rathaway?" Iris asked almost with a teasing tone.

Barry listened along and pretended not to notice when Lucy glanced over to Barry and gave him a smirk before going back to a stiff and stone-cold face.

Lucy sighed, "I think you know what I came here for Detective," Lucy replied in a tone that sent a shiver down Barry's spine.

"Of course," Iris said curtly, "We're bringing her out now," Then Barry spotted Aspen, but this wasn't the sweet, little, happy, joyful Aspen he knew from Earth-1.

No, this Aspen was in handcuffs. Non-meta dampener handcuffs. The real deal metal handcuffs.

As Barry looked shocked in Aspen's direction, she sent him a scowl as did the rest of the kids. Even Penny who was wearing the sweetest little dress!