Chapter 12

I was walking up an empty road, a small limo in my footsteps with my black combat boots in my hands and dressed in the same clothes that I wore to the club. I remembered getting drunk and wasted but what happened after that?

Why was I walking alone? Was I walking back home now? It was still dark and the empty street was illuminated by the blinking street light. Paranoia surfaced as I walked with a small limp up the street.

There was no one here and that alone seemed weird to me. Where was Lia? Did I leave her at the club?

Why was my ass burning?

Questions, questions and more questions. That was all that seemed to circle around my hazy mind.

Blinding white shone from the end of end of the street. It shone so brightly that I had bring up an arm to cover my squinting eyes. I stopped in my tracks. The light extended and grew until I was completely surrounded by it like being covered by illuminating clouds.

I was dreaming, I realized.

This was a dream because slowly, I peeled my eyes open to a brightly lit room, sunlight peeked through the diaphanous curtains that covered the enormous windows that occupied one full wall of the room. The light shone so bright that it illuminated every inch of the room although, I couldn't focus on anything much be aus eof how blurred my vision was.

Sharp pain coursed through the nerves of brain and I groaned lightly, shifting on the bed and pulling up the white comforter higher on my body and tucking underneath it my chin.

I could feel a numb ache in my head growing. I could even feel a numb sting in my ass. Why is my ass like that?

"Jesus Christ." I muttered as I sat up in bed, my knees coming up against my chest and my hands raising up to hold my aching head.

This was probably the worst headache I had ever had like a hammer being slammed on to my head repeatedly without any break. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I opened my eyes once more to look around the room that resembled my impression of heaven considering how bright it was.

My vision was clearer now and I looked around the room with more clarity. One glance around the room and I knew that this was not my room. This was Vince's room and I had absolutely not a single idea as to why I would be in his room.

My eyes widened as possible scenarios played through my mind all at once and I whipped the comforter off my body. I was only in my burgundy bodysuit.

What was more alarming than my nakedness in Vince's bedroom were the slight bruises I had around my wirsts as if someone had drawn them on with a marker while I was asleep.

What in the actual world happened last night?

Slowly turning my head to the side, I looked at the glass of water and two pills of advil sitting calmly on the nightstand. I knew they were for me and downed them with water in a second hoping that my headache would start easing soon enough.

My phone lay beside the glass and I picked it up after placing the glass down.

I had about ten missed calls from Lia and fifteen texts. When I opened them, they were all more or less the same thing; asking me where I was, to call her when I saw her messages along with a few profanities in both English and Spanish, Spanish being specifically for me.

I dropped the phone onto the bed, running a hand through the tangles of my hair and sighed, standing up from the bed and ignoring the headache and slight dizziness that followed it.

My ass had a numb sting to it and I tried to angle my head in a way that I could see what was wrong with it. I was bruising there slightly. A tint of green-ish purple to it was there, barely noticeable but there.