Chapter 33

Rosa's POV

My head felt heavy while my body ached, and as I tried to peel my eyes open to the darkness of where I was, they felt like they were burning.

The last thing I remembered was leaving smiling at the sight of Vince's peaceful figure sleeping and going out to grab myself a glass of water. After that everything went black for me.

I struggled against my restraints. I was tied down to something. It was a chair I realized and as I struggled more, I became familiar with the material of my restraints. Rope. A thick and heavy rope was tied around my wrists, body and legs and its grip was tight enough that regardless of how much I tried to somehow loosen them up and slip out, it didn't budge.

The darkness was blinding. There was probably no window from sunlight or moonlight could peek through and give me sense of my surroundings. It was cold. Freezing.

"Are you awake?"

That sound was so familiar. My brain was scrambling to find out who the voice belonged to, but the more I rattled my brain for answers, the harder it pounded against my skill. I grinded my teeth together to keep the sound of my groan of pain and frustration at a minimum.

"Your head must be hurting right now." The female voice spoke once more.

"You sound familiar." I grunted.

A low chuckle rumbled within her throat, the stale air within the room slightly shifting.

"We met in Sicily, Cas- my mistake, Ramirez." That Italian accent and that clear pronunciation.

"Cecelia." I murmured. "So, are you going to tell me the information I'm missing out on or are you looking to proceed with your jealous bitch act?"

She scoffed. I heard the cracking pop sound and imagined Cece rolling her neck.

"Keep speaking to me like that and I'll kill you myself."

I ignored her empty threat. I'd kill myself before letting myself die by her hands.

"Are you working with the people who kidnapped me? And are those people the Mexican Cartel?" I questioned her, my eyes closed as the headache very slowly began to fade away.

She scoffed again. "Working with the Mexican Cartel." She mocked me. "I may hate you but that doesn't mean I'll betray the family and join hands with your shitty father. I'm tied to a stupid chair just like you."

"He's not my father." I grunted out.

"Tell that to him then."

"How long have you been here?" I asked her slowly.

"I don't know. I probably woke up a few hours before you did." Her voice was a low whisper, her pain evident in it.

I was about to speak again when I heard multiple footsteps grow heavier by the second, nearing the two of us. "Someone's coming." She whispered.

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.

I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips together. The footsteps came to a halt before what I presumed was a door as I heard the jingle of keys and then light shone into the room almost blinding. The sudden light sent piercing pain through my skull and I silently cursed.

Cece audibly hissed.

As my eyes adjusted to the light within the room, a man dragged a metal chair across the room, the screech of it defeaning for my ears. He seated himself in front of both me and Cece, a smug smile on his face.