Chapter 25

Vince's POV

To say that I was frustrated with Rosa would be an understatement. She had me gripping my hair so hard that I was surprised that I didn't have a bald spot.

There was a large criminal organization, much similar to mine, out there trying to find a chance to catch her off-guard once to end her life.

It wasn't like I doubted her abilities. She was a perfectly capable woman who was strong enough to face this world on her own, without a single help from anyone. But no matter how capable you are, there comes a time where you won't be able to protect yourself from this world. For her, now was the time.

She wasn't weak. She could hold her own very well, but this was the Mexican cartel we were talking about. They would do anything to have her head mounted on a pike and displayed in their leader's, Alvaro Ramirez, office. In the end, it wouldn't matter how much talent she had, or how good she was at fighting, she would be heavily outnumbered and that would be something that would lead to her death.

Just the thought of it had me gripping the armrest of my chair hard.

No. I wouldn't let it happen. I'd give my own life before I'd let something like that happen to her.

There was a long list of things I wanted to do with her, hopefully when, or if, she ever forgave me for what I did to her.
She sure as hell was making me pay for it and regret it, although I had been regretting it ever since she left my room that night.

Technically, since I was her boss, she had to follow my orders. My rank was higher than hers. According to this technicality, I could basically have her dragged to my house despite how much she would protest. A part of me wanted to do that just so I could rest assured that she was near me and safer than she would've been at her penthouse.

As appealing as that sounded to me, I could never actually do that because firstly, I considered her as my equal, not my subordinate and secondly, I was on thin ice with her. Undermining her abilities, forcing her to do as I wished would only push her further away from me.

For now, I had to be patient with her in this regard. Once I felt like there was no other option than her staying at my place, I would actually drag her to my place regardless of how much she would protest.

Having her hate me for all eternity would be much better than having her six feet deep within the ground.

Alvaro Ramirez. The man behind all of this. The man who wanted the woman I cared so deeply about dead. It was his men that I killed a few days prior, and I'd fucking do it again.

He was the one that had been sending me threatening notes ever since Rosa came to live at my place for her lessons. He was the one who was behind that fucking break-in of my home. The guy who broke in got what he deserved - his own teeny tiny dick down his throat - before Dante gave him a painful death.

This son of a bitch was the reason why I had to leave Palermo sooner than I had wanted to. If it wasn't for the sudden arrival of his men in Palermo, I would've taken Rosa to my boat and fucked her senseless all night long until she only knew how to say my name, and my name only.

The amount of burning hate my heart held for that man was unparalleled. Once he was within my reach, I'd give him the slowest, most painful death ever known to man, and while I would do so, his bitch of a wife would watch.

If he really thinks that he's going to get away with all the trouble he's caused me, the amount of threats he's sent my way regarding Rosa, he had to be an even bigger clown than I was, and I kept a slight glimmer of hope in my heart that Rosa would come back to me easily after I would go to pursue her. Wasn't that just the most hilarious thought I've ever had?