Chapter 22

{3rd person POV}

For a moment everything was silent, our protagonist and the fallen were staring intensively at the other. Upon the word 'them' being mentioned Y/N winded his eyes slightly unsure if he was referring to his people or something else...

Y/N: ''What do you mean by 'them'?...''

Y/N asked cautiously trying to get as much info without giving any himself. Currently the two stood alone since Y/N did not want to get the others caught in whatever was about to follow.

Kokabiel: ''Hehehe. No use playing dumb, how did one of you quirk wielders survived is beyond me, even so this is a pleasant surprise nonetheless''

... There was no doubt anymore, Kokabiel knew who Y/N truly was. The revelation put Y/N on guard even more, it even made him somewhat anxious, after all: how did he figure it out? That question our protagonist had to know no matter what.

Y/N: ''How?.... How did you figure that out?''

Kokabiel: ''Hehe.... Back in the war when things were still going strong, I heard a rumor about a newly discovered group, I got a bit interested in this and set out to see what was this all about. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that these quirked individuals could be used in the war effort, a thought I was not the only one to share. Unfortunately, before I could acquire some new servants to advance the war with, I was stopped by..... Him.....''

Y/N: ''Him? Who are you talking about?''

When Kokabiel was force to remember that person, his face twisted into a sneer making it pretty obvious he despised the idea of even thinking about that individual.

Kokabiel: ''That Golden man who called himself a 'hero', I would have had my hands on those worthless quirked worms but he got in the way. He bested me and ever since then he left a scar on my perfect body and pride''

To make his point clear Kokabiel unbuttoned his shirt and revealed his chest to Y/N, on the lower left of his mid-section was a scar vaguely in the shape of a fist, from the looks of if the scar must have been there for years. When the cadre mentioned the golden man a cored struck with Y/N as he realized who the cadre was talking about.

Kokabiel: ''In fact.... That's how I figured out who you were. In the beginning I could not tell why you felt so familiar but once I looked a bit closer your style and presence were very similar to that man....''

Y/N felt a little stupid for not thinking that. Someone who had fought his teacher could tell that his way of fighting was similar, he  assumed that anyone who did fight him would neither be alive nor remember at this point, this mistake he will have to fix in the future.

Kokabiel: ''Hehehe! I don't know what your relation is with that man but the fact that I get to slaughter someone close to the one who humiliated me is beyond perfect! Slaughtering all those worms In front of him was a nice way to get back at him but this is even better.....''

... When he heard the fallen talk Y/N's mind stopped abruptly to process what he said, while he did that a sense of doom loomed over him...

Y/N: ''.... What do you mean by 'slaughtering all those worms'?......''

Kokabiel: ''Hehehehe.....''

The fallen began to lightly chuckle, like he was aware of a joke only he knew making Y/N's irritation towards the fallen grow that much more.

Kokabiel: ''Is it not obvious? The worms I am referring to are those worthless quirked fools! The others who tried to gain them were fools for accepting a no from those lower beings! Powers or not they were still human and humans should obey those who are superior to them. So, when that golden fool came forth to oppose me, I slaughtered all the insignificant worms that denied my gracious blessing!''