Chapter 42

{3rd Person POV}

Millicas: ''Do you really have to go?...''

Rias: ''I am afraid so. It was nice to spend some time with you''

At the gates of the gremory estate, the young group of devils were giving their goodbyes to the members of the gremory household....

Their time in the underworld had come to end, and they all had to return back to the human world. Unsurprisingly, the young son of Lucifer felt the most saddened by this, he gotten to know them all so well that he couldn't help but want them to stay....

Grayfia: ''Millicas, lady Rias and her friends are very busy. They will visit us again in the future, so be nice and send them off with a smile''

The maid attempted to sooth her child's worry as best as she could.

Rias: ''Mother, Grayfia... Thank you for everything''

Venelana: ''It was nothing dear, make sure you stay healthy up there in the human world okay?''

The heiress of the gremory family smiled at her mother and sister in law, they had both helped her and her friends more than anyone would expect and for that she was thankful.

While Rias was giving her last goodbye to her mother, Grayfia's eyes wondered to another person in the group... Y/N....

When the two looked gazes, a strange sensation passed through the maid. Apprehension, unease, and even some fear.... But buried under all of those negative thoughts was the small spark of trust, trust in the words of someone that knew who she was underneath that perfect maid guise she put on....

As for Y/N the feeling was mutual, he saw the unsure feelings inside of her but also the trust that she had decided to place on him. This alone was more than enough for him to do the same, especially given how rocky their relationship has been up till now.

Ddraig: ''(Do you still wonder if you made the right choice partner?)''

Y/N: ''(A little, but... I guess I am not as worried about as I was before)''

Maybe because they both shared and knew each other's worries, maybe because they had both suffered at the hands of one man...

In the end, the two felt a connection, a small tug in each other's direction. Maybe it was always there and they just couldn't see it, maybe it formed once they saw the truth... No matter the reason, Grayfia and Y/N had come to believe in each other, if only a little...

Once everyone said their goodbyes, the group of young devils entered a magic circle that would take them to the train station. From there they could take the train and return back to the human world....

{Timeskip}