Chapter 45

{3rd Person POV}

A flash of light opened the way towards an empty field, one surrounded by sharp rocks and fog under a purple sky... The young devils arrived of the ORC arrived safely at the place that would serve as the battlefield of Y/N's rating game, and they were quite surprised to see where they had ended up...

Kiba: ''Is this the main battle area?''

Akeno: ''It should be, this is the location the letter mentioned''

Rias: ''Strange... I don't see any referee''

Gasper: ''M-Maybe some problem occurred?...''

The location where the game was supposed to take place was awfully quiet, neither Y/N's opponent nor any other people were present which only served to unnerve the ORC. They were thinking of heading back if no one was gonna show up...

But suddenly... Magical circles appeared all around the place, ones that didn't possess the crest of any recognizable authority...

Y/N: ''Everyone! Get ready! Looks like we have company...''

True to his words, numerous low ranked devils began pouring out of the gates, all disguising themselves with masks made of bone and holding a few too many weapons to be just simple guards...

The ORC quickly responded by getting into position, each member had pulled out their best weapons and powers and were ready to face off...

Devil A: ''The despicable fake royal family, gremory... Today we wipe a filthy member of their line!''

Everyone of the quests oozed of corruption and killing intent, they were all here for one thing and one thing only... And that is to kill...

Rias: ''So that's who the crest belonged to... Everyone, these are devils loyal to the old satan faction''

The tension kept growing, and now with the reveal of their allegiance it was clear as day they wouldn't be getting out of this situation in peace...

Asia: ''Ahhhh!!!''

And as if to make things even worse... A shrill scream alerted the devils who all turned their eyes to see a truly disturbing sight. Their friend Asia was being held in the air like a puppet by its strings, with no care if this was hurting the girl or not. And the one holding onto her leg while she dangled helplessly was none other than... Diodora...

Diodora: ''Greetings. I will be taking care of little Asia while these here gentlemen 'Deal' with you, I truly appreciate you going out of your way to bring her here, and for that you have my thanks''

The condescending mockery tone in his voice was so obvious even deaf people could hear, all he was doing was simply make fun of the people present as if he had already won this whole ordeal... But just before he could make his retreat, a blur appeared in front of him, and a fist clad in red was blasted towards his face like a vengeful bolt of lightning...

[Stress: 60%]

Y/N: ''Die''

Diodora had only a split second to react, and he took advantage of that time to put Asia between himself and Y/N's fist, making him hesitate for long enough to have the other grunts come to his rescue.

Y/N: ''You piece of fucking shit... Where did that bravado about beating me in a fair fight go huh?!''

Diodora: ''Did you think I would sully my hands with your filthy blood? I am way above you trash, and there is no way I am letting you touch me''