Chapter 32: Plan to be Set in Motion

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I already heard it loud and clear."

"I'm sure you did, but are you going to heed my warning?"

He didn't answer.

"Of course not. Then again, why would you? You've never seen me use the sort of magic that my father uses unless in practice which, may I remind you, were lessons that you gave me. Waste of time, may I say, for you to teach me such things and then believe that you're just going to be able to kill me.... Because I'd have gladly taken your magical energy last night, and called it a day!"

His hands clenched into fists.

I pulled my hands from behind my back to clap. "On to the matter I really need to talk to you about. We can use your father, I just need a little extra practice on a few things with you before this plan is foolproof."

He sighed resignedly, "What do you have in mind?"

"I'm glad you asked," I said, collapsing into the chair in front of his desk. "Because there's only one way I can think of, but it'll require a lot of preparation and magic. More than dad's potion, actually. The only problem —"

The door slammed open then, causing me to jump in my seat. Barty as 'Professor Moody' flinched as well. Both of us stared at the door with our wands up.

Marcus stood in the doorway. "I knew you were doing something for your father this year!"

I can't believe my stupidity, I'd thought furiously, never dropping my wand even an inch as I sped toward him. I should've put a silencing charm on the door. Marcus flinched as I dragged him into the room.

After a few glances in the hall to find no other students within listening distance, I closed the door before placing a few silencing charms on it. Once that was finished, I rounded on Marcus with my wand at his throat. "Are you bleeding insane?! Someone could've heard you!"

He chuckled sheepishly, "I'm not that stupid."

I groaned, wiping my hand up across my face and through my hair in frustration. "What the hell.." I put my wand away as I went back to my chair. "It doesn't matter anyway, I told you that you had lost any and every opportunity to help with this. So go away."

"Just let me help. I'll prove myself to you this way," he pleaded. "I'll do anything!"

'Professor Moody' had to tap me on the shoulder, a smug smirk on his face as I looked at him. "Well, princess, how did he find out about you?"

I rolled my eyes. "His parents are devoted to being in dad's favor. They realized whose daughter I must be, so they sent bighead here —" I gestured to Marcus, "— to get in my favor. Complete failure, might I add."

"Letting personal feelings get in the way of a good henchman?" he asked.

I glared heavily at him, "It's more than that, Barty, shut up."

"Please, Melody," Marcus said, reminding me of the fact that he was still there.

"Didn't I tell you to go away?" I asked exasperatedly, looking up at him with strong dislike. "Why do I still have to deal with you? We're broken up."

Marcus clenched his fists, strenuously pursing his lips together.

His reaction was not doing anything good to my nerves.

"I want to kill Malfoy.. so badly.." he admitted softly as he stared down at me. "But I haven't, because it would make you upset... that's how much I care about your feelings...."

I scoffed in response.

He closed his eyes, "If you don't let me help you so I can prove myself, then the best thing I can do is flunk my NEWTs this year... so I can force my help on you next year. How does that sound, Melody?"

That suddenly gave me food for thought.

I looked at 'Professor Moody' as I imagined the horror of seeing Marcus for another year... and thought of something we could do. Since he was offering his assistance, it was the perfect way to tie my plan together.

When I grinned at Marcus, his bravado quickly faltered.. uncertain what I was really smiling for.

"Then, I have the perfect job for you, Marcus... think you're up for it?"

⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛

I closed 'Professor Moody's' office door behind me some time later, and began making my way to the Great Hall. Draco, Trixy, and Lissy will probably badger me about being gone all day yesterday. Becky might back me up but... I don't know. I just hope I can get everything over with.

A tap on my shoulder caused me to jump.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked with a laugh, draping his arm around me. "I've just noticed, but you seem to have become a bit jumpy lately."

I sighed, relaxing. "No, I... I'm fine, I —"

"No, you're not," he said seriously.

I overcame the urge to look down at my feet, and instead looked up at him. "Really, Draco, I'm fine."

He raised an eyebrow at me, but didn't get the chance to say anything else when we were pounced on by Lissy and Trixy.

"Well, it's lunchtime now! I'm hungry, are you hungry?" Lissy turned dramatically to Trixy.

"Definitely hungry!"

"Come on, let's go!" Lissy grabbed hold of my hands and pulled me through the hallways, tripping over her own feet every now and then. I laughed unguardedly for the first time in twenty four hours.