Chapter 14: Flesh, Blood and Bone

That Saturday night, I left the Slytherin Common Room to 'Professor Moody's' classroom where he stood in wait for me. When I came in, he looked up from the papers he was sorting through on his desk. He nodded before taking out seven empty bins and what looked like a stack of thousands of papers.

With a wave of his wand a paper slowly came out, as though an invisible person was looking at it, and it was then put in a spot in a box. Everything must've been getting sorted in alphabetical order.

"Make yourself invisible," 'Professor Moody' growled softly.

"I didn't ask before, but what exactly are we searching the restricted section for?"

"A regeneration potion for a full new body. I remembered finding it back when I was in school. The problem is that I don't remember what book it was, or what the name of the potion is."

My shoulders slackened, "So I'm helping you search for a needle in a haystack."

His one good eye seemed to bulge crazily as he grinned at me, "Yep."

"Great.." I groaned.

As I donned myself with the Disillusionment Charm, we walked out of the classroom and he closed and locked the door with a special incantation. He then clunked his way through the halls with me at his side.

"That's amazing..." he muttered softly. "I can still see you, but I can tell you've got some strong magic. Stronger than any Disillusionment Charms others try to pull off."

"So that eye can mostly see through invisible things?" I asked.

He nodded, "It's the only good thing about being this man."

I chuckled.

In the library, he took out a set of keys and unlocked the lock keeping students out, opening the restricted section up. He took a seat in the corner of the section, and his magical eye swiveled around for where I was.

"Well?" he said. "Get looking."

"Someone's crankier than me," I noted humorously, taking a book out of a shelf. "Feels like I got a detention anyways. It will take all night to look through these.... No longer than that, I should think."

"And why is that?"

"We're only looking for a potions book, so I can technically ignore all the other subjects.... by the way, did you bring a spare piece of parchment, a bottle of ink and a quill?"

He smiled, taking some stuff out, "Someone didn't come prepared."

"On purpose. Everyone knows I have never ending ink and never ending pieces of parchment, and my certain quill has been losing feathers – it has rather rare peacock feathers." I pulled out a potions book and looked through it, skimming the pages, and put it back. "If anyone found any of those, I'd be suspect number one. I don't have time for that." I took another book out, and rifled through the pages.

"What are you doing here?" a smooth voice asked.

I slowly turned my head toward Professor Snape, whose eyes flicked from the book I held to 'Professor Moody'. I had to force myself to calm down, he didn't know I was here. He couldn't. Did he hear me?

"What, a man can't come here for a midnight read?" 'Professor Moody' asked, waving his wand so the book flew out of my hands to his, placing his hand on the open page. While his regular eye looked over the page, his magical eye was fixed on Professor Snape.

"I thought I heard someone else in here," he said. "Couldn't make out the voice."

"It was me, I think aloud a lot," 'Professor Moody' said.