Chapter 1: Devotion Differences

My fourth installation begins with a new, problematic ability. Visions. Those started popping up, and there was no knowing why I received them. And what good samaritan could I really tell without revealing something that I wasn't supposed to know about? Without revealing the skeletons in my closet?

⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛

"Go get my daughter, Wormtail. She and I have much to discuss."

The room was dark, but for a fire lit in the grate. An old armchair was kept close to the fire, facing away from the door. A short, balding man — Wormtail — stood staring at whatever resided in the chair unseen from the viewpoint of the doorframe. On the floor behind it was the body of an old man, his walking stick near him. He looked as though he'd been scared to death, his eyes glassed over and his mouth open as if still letting out one last scream.

"At this time, m-my Lord?" the man asked, jittery.

"Are you questioning my judgment?" the voice asked, cold and high-pitched as only Lord Voldemort's could be after all the Dark Magic he used in his life to make sure he lived forever.

"N-no, my Lord. I only wish to be certain before I wake her up at such an ungodly hour... she m-might not take too kindly to me for that."

As Voldemort replied, it was only too obvious that he was grinning. "After the initial anger, she'll understand once you explain that I sent you... besides, Wormtail, you have nothing to worry about. She is underage and, as such, cannot use magic outside of school."

Wormtail's face visibly relaxed at the news. "A-As you wish, my Lord."

A pause. "Well? Leave already! I told you where to go!"

He scurried away from the room as fast as he could.

⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛

I sat upright in my bed, wiping my face up and down with both hands to quickly wake up my blurred eyesight. Was that a dream... or did I see what was actually happening? I glared at the clock and released a yawn at watching it change from twelve fifty nine to one o'clock in the morning. My black cat, Bodoujn, meowed sleepily from his spot next to me as I swung my legs over the side of the bed.

So I'm really going to start getting visions like Professor Trelawney predicted... but are they really visions if what I'm seeing is happening at that same exact moment? What sense does that make?

I heard a loud pop echo from outside, and groaned irritably. I slowly stood, slipping my feet into my slippers, and stuffed pillows under my blanket to make it look like I was still asleep. With a baby in the house, he was bound to wake them up at some point and who knew when I'd be back?

I left my room to quickly check everyone else's. Thankfully, no one had stirred. Tip-toeing down the staircase, I wandered through the living room and peaked into the dining room where I saw the very man sent to come get me sneaking through the kitchen from the hallway leading from the front door. Ugh, paltry Peter Pettigrew.

On top of his hair balding, I noticed even in the darkness that it was also graying. He had a pointed nose and small, watery eyes. Like the rat he was.

He gave a whimper when he saw me, "Y-You're the D-Dark Lord's daughter?" he asked, distraught.

Right. He didn't know who I was when he last saw me. I sighed, "Yeah, and you're the idiot who thought it'd be smart to give me a concussion in your efforts to scurry away from your doom." I walked up to him and forced him with me out of the house, mostly pushing him. Once outside, I closed the door behind us and whispered, "Are you crazy? Next time, Disapparate at least a block away and then sneak in the front door. What if one of my family members had been awake instead of me, hearing you pop in?"