Chapter 13.

Camila's P.O.V
I felt a familiar warm hand lock with mine as I walked down the sunny city of Miami.

I could already imagine the photos from hidden paparazzi cameras beginning to circulate the internet. However, I tried my best not to indulge in the aftermath of our PDA too much.

The media has already started to speculate about Shawn and I's relationship, but we don't really care too much about how people see us.

We both have feelings for one another so we we're just seeing how things go.

I haven't seen Lauren in weeks, much to my disappointment. She had pretty much completely ghosted me.

I spent days contemplating if I had done something wrong, but after speaking about it to Shawn, I just came to the conclusion that she was an asshole who didn't care about my feelings.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her. Miss her skin, her voice, her eyes, and those fucking perfectly shaped lips.

But I had Shawn now, and he was a lot more caring and attentive than Lauren. He always treated me as his number 1. He was just, missing something.

He was wasn't Lauren...

I internally slapped myself for thinking of her right in this moment that I'm meant to be enjoyed with Shawn.

We had entered the restaurant and sat down to order our food.

We chatted about random things, I noticed Shawn was really trying to spark an interesting topic to speak about. However, my mind just kept wandering back to her.

Ugh, why does my brain have to think like this.

~Start of Memory~

I heard the familiar sound of someone knocking on the front door.

Excitedly, I pounced off of the sofa and ran straight towards the door. However, Lauren was already being welcomed in by my mom.

They embraced for a few seconds and began talking, not even noticing my presence.

She was wearing black ripped skinny jeans, her 'The 1975' t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

To say she looked hot would be an understatement.

I sighed loudly, trying to get the attention of the dark haired girl. She eventually turned around to face me, her face lighting up with that perfect smile that left the butterflies in my tummy do backflips.

"Hey you" she said before closing the gap between us and engulfing me in her arms. I breathed in the scent of her hair and perfume. She smelt like honey and vanilla.

Unfortunately, she pulled away from me so I couldn't quite appreciate the sweet smell as much as I would've liked.

She stood next to me as my mom started blabbering on about something boring that I had absolutely no interest in.

I subtly glanced down at my hand when I felt the warmth of Lauren's hovering beside mine.

I so desperately wanted to just grab it and hold hands with her, she probably wouldn't even take much notice since we've always been pretty touchy with each other.

But the butterflies erupting in my tummy made it difficult to do something so affectionate.

Suddenly I felt her pinky brush against my hand, only for it to slowly interlock with mine.

I couldn't even hide the smile on my face. It's crazy how something so small can make my heart beat like crazy.

After a little while, I finally managed to drag Lauren away from my mom after their excruciatingly boring conversation. I led her to the living room and flung myself onto the couch.

It didn't take long until I felt the couch sink beside me.

I grabbed the remote and began searching for a movie to watch.

"Oh my god, can we please watch 'Unfriended' it's so good Camila" Lauren said pointing to a somewhat scary looking film.

"Oh hell no are we watching a horror movie" I said immediately. I hated scary movies. They usually gave me nightmares.

"It's a really good film, please I really wanna watch it" she begged.

I sighed heavily, contemplating whether I should give in or not.

"Pleaseeee, it's so good. Please Camila for me" she said while looking straight at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"How could I say no to that face" I muttered while looking at her.

Her face quickly lit up. It was cute to see how excited she got over watching a movie.

"But you should know if I shit myself it's your fault" I warned. Lauren burst out laughing, and I quickly joined it because her laugh was so infectious.

I reached over and grabbed a fluffy blanket and draped it over the both of us.

"I'm serious, I get really scared watching horror movies" I said more seriously.

"Well then lucky for you, I'll protect you" She said shuffling barely inches closer to me. I couldn't help the smile that crept onto my face.

As we watched the movie there was one or two jump scares and gory bits that I just couldn't watch. I ended up finding myself snuggled close to Lauren, with her arm around me.

I loved the closeness we were sharing right now. I loved it more than anything.

Another scary bit came onto the screen and I unintentionally let out a little squeal before burying my face into the crook of Lauren's neck to hide.

It took me a few seconds to realise the position we were in.

My lips were just barely grazing the delicate skin on her neck. My breathing was heavy since I was so scared, and I could've sworn I felt goosebumps on her skin.

"It's okay, I've got you" she mumbled into the top of my head. Just those words alone made me feel so safe, especially being so close to her.

I was so comfortable and cosy, that I didn't even realise I was starting to get sleepy. Until, eventually I fell asleep.

I couldn't think of a better place to fall asleep than in her arms.