Chapter 9.

Camila's P.O.V
I couldn't get her out of my head.

I tried about 3000 different ways to distract myself, but my mind always wandered back to her.

It was frustrating, I just wanted to be near her. Close to her. I wanted to hug her, feel her lips on mine and- 

Wait, no. I can't think like that. I really can't.

I struggled to stop my brain from concentrating on only her, trying to carry on with some emails I had yet to reply to.

I decided I would go out tonight. Well my friends are basically forcing me, but nonetheless I'm excited.

Time quickly flew by, and the next thing I knew I was gulping down my last pre-drink before jumping into a taxi. We were heading to some random bar I've never been before, but a few of my friends have.

The taxi driver eventually pulled up just outside of the bar. We paid him before we dashed across the road towards the entrance, giggling the whole time.

We got in and I took in my settings. It was a nicely decorated, dimly lit area. One of the first things I noticed was the little stage at the front of the room. There was a guy standing proudly, clutching the mic in his hands while the crowd rumbled at his jokes. It was more background noise than anything.

My friend Abby had already started flirting with the bartender. I rolled my eyes while chuckling.

"Let's get a drink before Abby steals the bartender away for good" Michael said making his way over to the bar.

Once he got us some drinks I took a sip from the glass before making my way over to find a table or somewhere to sit.

Micheal dragged Abby away from the man she had been continuously flirting with from the minute we stepped inside, and we all sat around a circular wooden table.

We just chatted and drank, sharing the odd laugh at the ridiculously bad jokes being said.

"Thank you so much for listening, we now have another act coming up. Some of you may know her as a regular performer here, please welcome Lauren Jauregui!!" The comedian shouted.

My eyes widened and my head jolted so hard it felt like my head had been unscrewed.

I watched intently, and she finally appeared on the small platform. She flashed that jaw dropping smile before introducing herself again.

I couldn't believe she was here.

"Dude, is that her?" Michael asked with a shocked expression.

I nodded shyly. I've told my friends about Lauren before, never too much details, but enough for them to speculate things. They'd say the way my eyes lit up when I spoke about her was a dead giveaway. They barely believed me when I told them we were just friends.

"Fuck she is fine as hell" Abby looked her up and down while licking her lips.

She recently came out as bisexual, so now I catch her checking out almost everyone who walks by. I couldn't help myself from slapping her arm. Something about the thought of Abby lusting over her agitated me. She let out a giggle.

"Hey, she's all yours mama" She put her hands up to surrender.

I brought my attention back to the dark haired woman on stage.

"So I'm gonna sing a cover everyone today. I hope you like it" She smiled before looking off the stage, motioning for something. After a few seconds of silence a background track started to play.

"Oh fuck she's gonna sing, shit" I almost started to fan girl. I just got so excited when she sung. I mean, her voice was just so perfect.

She gazed around the room, looking at different faces. When her eyes locked with mine. I smiled instantly, and I could see the clear surprise on her face. She smiled back nervously, before gripping the mic.

I immediately recognised the song. It was "Everywhere" by Niall Horan (Please listen time this song from Lauren's prospective, I think it is such a good song for capturing how she feels right in this moment). As she sang the lyrics I swear it felt like she was singing every word directly to me. Call me delusional, but she was staring straight into my soul the entire song. I felt myself get goosebumps from hearing, and really listening to the lyrics while she looked right at me.

The song came to a close and the small crowd erupted into a cheer, which of course I joined.

She thanked everyone and glanced at me one more time before stepping off the stage and another act coming up.

"Do I go find her?" I asked no one in particular.

"Of course you go find her" Michael said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I stood up and felt a light shove in the direction of the stage. I rolled my eyes while giving Abby the middle finger as I was walking away. She chuckled before so kindly wishing me luck.

I traced my path out to the side of the stage, where I last saw Lauren stepping off.

I reached a more secluded area that was mostly filled with wires and technical stuff. I heard a familiar voice, and followed in that direction.

"Lauren?" I asked as I stood behind her. She quickly turned around and I couldn't help but smile once I saw her face.

"Heyy, Camila" She engulfed me in a hug, wrapping her arms around my waist. She squeezed me tightly, holding me for longer than I had anticipated. I definitely wasn't complaining though.

I felt her arms unravel around my waist, and I hesitantly moved away from her.

"You sounded amazing out there" I complimented her. She really did.

"Awh thank you, I really loved that song I was singing" She winked, almost hinting something. I swallowed hard. Maybe I wasn't being completely delusional when I thought she was singing to me.

"Yeah, me too" I replied trying not to grin too much.

"You should join me sometime. You and me, up there getting all hot and sweaty, from all the singing and dancing of course" She licked her lips with a smirk. She was radiating this confidence and it honestly made her even more attractive right now.

"Sounds like a good time to me" I replied, unintentionally biting my lip. I caught her looking at my lips, not that she was hiding it.

"My friend owns this club a few blocks down, do you wanna come down there with me now?" She asked abruptly. I was shocked at how upfront she was being, but there was no way I was denying her offer.

"Yeah I'd love to, but I care here with some friends" I said.

"They can come too, c'mon let's go" She took my hand in hers and I felt the familiar butterflies in my stomach.

Before I knew it we were all out the door, basically toppling over each other while giggling, on our way to some random club.

I looked at Lauren. She had the happiest smile on her face, laughing at something stupid Michael said. To be honest I didn't really care where we went. If Lauren went, I'd be more than happy to go wherever she chose.

Don't forget to vote, thank you for reading :) x