Chapter 8.

Camila's P.O.V
I brought myself out of my thoughts, and went to leave the room. Just as I opened the door I heard a small whisper.

"No, stay"

I couldn't help but smile. I found my way back to her bed, getting under the covers beside her.

Her face was nuzzled into the pillow. I watched as tiny little snores escaped her slightly parted lips.

I sighed before switching off the table lamp beside me, and resting my eyes to sleep.

~The next morning~

Lauren's P.O.V
I woke up feeling as groggy as ever. I opened my eyes and glanced around the room. It took me a minute to realise there was a body beside me.

I prayed it wasn't Jack.

It wasn't. To my surprise, it was Camila. She had her arm dangling over my waist, and her head was resting on my shoulder. I felt a smile creep onto my face.

Wait. What happened last night?

I panicked, only to quickly realise I still had all of my clothes on as did Camila. I sighed in relief.

I heard her let out a soft groan and I watched as her eye lids fluttered open.

"Comfy?" I asked cheekily. I felt her stiffen up as she recognised where she was. She moved away from me to the other side of the bed.

She was still close to me, but not close enough.

She let out an embarrassed giggle, soon stopping once she looked at my face. I wondered what she was looking at, only to realise she was looking at the bruise.

"What, what happened?" She asked cautiously.

"I um" I didn't know how to answer her. Should I say what Jack did? I didn't want Jack to find out I told somebody though.

"I don't really know it just happened so quickly and-" I stopped myself when I caught the look on her face. I hate that face. It was the face that made me feel way too vulnerable. It's the face that makes me feel like I'm some broken soul that can't be fixed.

I sighed. I can't tell her. I just can't.

Camila squeezed my hand reassuringly, but it just made me feel about 6 inches tall.

"I don't know about you but I'm starving" I said abruptly. I stood up out of bed.

"Yeah, yeah me too" Camila said standing up also.

We made our way downstairs together, the tapping of our feet against the floor was the only sound filling the air.

We reached the kitchen and Camila insisted on making me breakfast. She decided to cook up a fry to my delight.

We ate breakfast together and did the dishes, with music blasting through a speaker we found laying on the counter. We were dancing and singing along and it honestly made me forget about everything, even if it was only for a short time. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as we danced like lunatics around my kitchen.

The song came to and end and we eventually finished the dishes.

"Oh shoot, I didn't realise it was 12 o'clock. I should probably get going" Camila said while checking her phone. A wave of disappointment rushed through me. I really enjoyed her company and I didn't want her to leave, but I couldn't make her stay.

"Uh yeah, I'll walk you out" I said with a polite smile.

We made it to the front door, I opened it and Camila stepped out. She leaned in to give me a hug. I closed my eyes and squeezed her tightly, part of me not wanting to let her go at all. We pulled apart and I rested my body against the door frame with my arms crossed.

"It was so good seeing you Lauren" She said with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Yeah, same for you Camz" I replied.

She stood there for a few seconds just looking at me, almost like she was waiting for something, before turning around and walking away.

"I'll text you!" I shouted as she was walking. She looked over her shoulder and flashed that pretty smile. She gave me a little wave just as basically out of my view.

I went back inside and shut the door behind me. I let my forehead fall onto the wooden door.

Why did I already miss her?

Sorry for this chapter being so short, don't forget to vote :) x