Promises

A/N - It's sad girl hours every hour

John's POV

   I yawned and started sitting up before realizing Alex was on top of me. I smiled and stroked his hair. He stirred and I noticed movement. I realized I was at Alex's place and James was getting ready for work. He realized I was up and smiled. "Morning." 
   "I'm sorry. I didn't realize-"
   "It's cool. I didn't come home 'til late anyway. I called your dad, he know you're here." He smiled.
   "Oh, thank you. You're not mad that I-"
   "Nah. I'm just happy that Alex is happy." He hummed. "He loves you. You want to express that? That's fine. You're two consenting people and Alex can't get pregnant. If he does you two have some explaining to do." James smirked. 
   "I get what?" Alex frowned groggily, looking over at James. We all started laughing and James pecked Alex's head. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Alex giggled. 
   "I'll bring ice cream on the way home."
   "OH! YAY!" Alex grinned, I laughed and rubbed the small of Alex's back. "Bye, Jamie."
   "Bye, Lion." James left and Alex kissed me. 
   "Why did you let me fall asleep?" I chuckled.
   "You're cute when you sleep." He giggled, I blushed and kissed him. 
   "You're cute when you sleep too." I smiled, Alex snuggled into me and I kissed his head. "Hang on, baby." I got up and Alex frowned as I dug in my jacket from yesterday. I found the small box and slid into the bed with him. 
   "What's that?" 
   "I never got to finish my speech the other day." 
   "Speech?" Alex frowned as I pulled him closer to me. 
   "I am thankful for my beautiful, smart, funny, dork of a soulmate. I am so happy to see you everyday and hear you laugh. You are the love of my life and I am never ever letting you go." Alex blushed and I gripped the box. "I love you so much and you are so fucking perfect. You're unique and beautiful and I want to marry you." I popped the box open with my thumb and Alex's eyes went wide. "I am not proposing. This is just a promise to you that I will always be right by your side to hug you and kiss you and love you for the rest of my life. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't care what anyone else says. You are so beautiful and perfect. My question is...Do you promise to marry me?" Alex sniffed and let a tear roll down his cheek. 
   "Yes, I promise." He cried, letting me slip the ring on his right ring finger. It was a simple thin sterling silver band coated in gold with a faux emerald. Alex threw his arms around me and kissed me deeply. "I love you, John." I held him tightly and he sniffed. "I never got to say what I'm thankful for."
   "What are you thankful for?" I smiled, kissing him gently. 
   "You."
   "Oh?"
   "Hush. Let me finish." He giggled. "I'm thankful that you are my soulmate. I was stupid to ever think that Andre could've been." 
   "Baby-"
   "Shut up!" Alex giggled. "Let me finish!"
   "Alright, alright." 
   "Thank you for loving me the way I am." He smiled, I stayed silent and he snorted. "I'm done." He laughed.
   "I will always love you, baby girl." I smiled, kissing him softly and slowly. 
   "My turn." He grinned, I frowned and Alex pinned me down. 
   "Oh?" I grinned, Alex sucked on my neck and I smirked. He started sucking a hickey on my neck and I started teasing him. I rolled us over and pinned his hands over his head. "Did you really think I'd let you top?" I purred.
   "Worth a shot." He giggled.

James' POV

   I huffed and Evelyn frowned. "What's wrong, Jim?" She asked. 
   "Nothing. I'm fine." I smiled. 
   "James?" She gave me a look and I huffed. "Is this about your dad or Alex or-"
   "No, everything is fine. I guess I'm just tired." I smiled, we were walking hand in hand through Central Park. We came to a bridge and I leaned over the rail, looking out over the pond. 
   "It's beautiful." Evelyn hummed.
   "Not more beautiful than you." I hummed.
   "Oh, shut up." She laughed, I smiled and reached into my pocket.
   "I'm sorry I can't give you those fancy dates or buy you presents or anything but I love you, Evelyn." I smiled and got down on one knee, pulling the ring out. Evelyn gasped and clapped a hand over her mouth. "I know I can't always give you the world but I can fucking try. Will you marry me?"
   "Yes!" I got up and kissed her as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I slipped the ring on her finger and she kissed me again. "I don't need the world." She smiled, cupping my cheeks and pressing our foreheads together. "I just need you."