The Museum

A/N - I am cold

John's POV

   I yawned as I pulled my hair into a ponytail and picked up my phone. James had to work late so I spent a lot of time at Alex's place yesterday. We just cuddled and watched movies until James got home. I called Alex and tugged a shirt over my head. 
   "Hello?" His groggy voice mumbled. 
   "Morning, beautiful."
   "You can't even see me. How can you say-" 
   "Because you're always beautiful." I smirked, I could practically hear Alex rolling his eyes.
   "You're sappy."
   "Whatever you say."
   "Why are you calling?"
   "I'm just about to leave. Just wanted to say good morning." I smiled.
   "Oh...Don't bother picking me up."
   "Oh, is James taking you?"
   "No...I'm not going."
   "What? Why not?" I frowned, Alex explained that he didn't want people at school to shit on him and push him over. 
   "Oh...Ok. I love you, baby." 
   "I know." Alex mumbled, I chuckled and sighed. 
   "I know I promised but I just can't help myself." 
   "I-I know. It's not fair to make you promise that."
   "I'll keep it at a minimum. I don't know what I'm gonna do without you at school." I sighed.
   "You'll draw on your arm, won't you?" Alex hummed hopefully.
   "Yes, I will."
   "You're gonna be late."
   "I'll swing by after school and take you out, huh?"
   "L-Like a date?" He stammered.
   "Um-...no." I lied. "Just friends. Remember?"
   "...Yeah."
   "I'll see you later."
   "You can say it." He mumbled.
   "I love you, baby girl."
   "Bye, Jacky." I hung up and hopped in my truck. 

   "Where's Alex?" Laf frowned.
   "He's staying home. He's afraid of getting bullied."
   "He already gets bullied."
   "He insisted." I shrugged, Laf nodded and we settled down on the bench. We waited for class and I texted Alex a bit. We talked a bit and he kept joking with me. 
Lex <3
DORK!!!

Me
Ur cute

Lex <3
Am not :(

Me
Are too :3

Lex <3
Whatever

Me
I gtg

Me
Love ya 

Lex <3
Don't die
   I chuckled and headed to class. The day was boring. Thomas and Andre made jokes and pushed me and Laf around about Alex. I just brushed it off and ignored them. It was hard though. I loved Alex and they were shitting on him. It was awful. I texted Alex again at lunch and huffed.
Me
I hate school

Lex <3
I know

Me
This sucks without you

Lex <3
I'm sorry I'd go but ya know

Me
I know...I just wish you were here

Lex <3
I know

Lex <3
If it's any consolation I miss you

Me
Really?

Lex <3
Yeah...I like it when you sit next to me and stuff

Me
Stuff???

Lex <3
It's embarrassing

Me
embarrass 
yourself

Lex <3
Idk

Me
Plz??? Tell me I wanna know what's going on in that big brain of yours

Lex <3
Ok fine

Lex <3
I like it when you laugh and when you look at me and stuff. I like it when you hold my hand and put your head on mine. I like it when you hug me and play with my hair
   I blushed and smiled. He likes me...I think. I don't know. All I know is he likes it when I do some things. I love him so damn much. I mean...I know I'm high school and everything but he's my soulmate. He's beautiful and smart and perfect. 
Lex <3
I like it when you kiss me

Me
Really

Lex <3
Yeah...Just don't do it a whole bunch please? 

Me
I won't baby

Lex <3
Thnk u

Me
I gtg <3

Lex <3
Don't die :)
   I smiled and headed to class with a smile.

   I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. James opened the door and I smiled a bit. "He's in the bathroom still. I need to fucking pee. Alex!"
   "I'm almost done! If you need to go that bad piss in the sink!" I snorted and James rolled his eyes. 
   "Your boy friend's here."
   "He's not my boyfriend!" Alex gushed hoping out of the bathroom. He wore a pair of nice black jeans and a cute green crop top sweater. His curly red hair was pinned back and he was wearing a bit of makeup.
   "Wow." I breathed.
   "What? Is it too much?" He blushed, grabbing the wall for balance. "I can change."
   "No! You look great. Don't change." I smiled, Alex blushed and smiled.
   "Ok." He grabbed his crutches and I held the door open for him. He tried to get in my truck and I chuckled.
   "Come here, baby." I lifted him by the waist and sat him in the seat, handing him his crutches. 
   "I'm sorry."
   "Don't apologize for being adorable." I smiled, I got in the driver's seat and started driving. 
   "So where are we going?"
   "I don't know. Where do you want to go?"
   "Oh...I don't know." 
   "The movies, maybe get something to eat?"
   "I wanna go somewhere new." He mumbled.
   "What about the museum or something?"
   "What is with you and weird obscure places."
   "I don't know! I'm trying to think of places and you're not helping."
   "You're silly." Alex giggled, I laughed and slipped my hand in his. I glanced at him and he blushed, smiling a bit. "The museum it is, dork." He smiled.

    "Why are museums creepier when less people are here?" Alex mumbled, looking around. I chuckled and Alex huffed. 
   "I don't know." I shrugged.
   "Can we sit down for a sec?" 
   "Yeah. Here." I helped him sit down and he leaned his crutches against the bench. "This isn't much fun is it?" I sighed.
   "I'm having fun. You're not?"
   "Well, I just thought-"
   "I don't care where we go. I like spending time with you." Alex smiled. 
   "Really?" Alex leaned against me and I smiled. 
   "Yeah...I thought a lot about...us today. I spent so long ignoring the fact that I had a soulmate and denying it. I just always thought that-"
   "They were like Andre?" Alex nodded and sighed.
   "I know you're not like that but...I just want you to know that I like you but I can't...be with you ...right now."  I nodded a bit and sighed.
   "I'll wait but I need you to know that I am here for you." I hummed.
   "Thank you." Alex whispered, I kissed his head and sat there holding him until we decided to press on. We messed around until they closed and got some dinner after. I took Alex home and walked him to the door. "I had fun tonight." He smiled.
   "I did too. I guess I'll see you in the morning?"
   "No...I'm staying home again." I nodded and he blushed. He used his crutches to push himself up and pressed his glossed lips on mine. I blushed and he pulled away. "Goodnight, John."
   "Goodnight, Alex."