Absolutely Nothing

A/N - Start asking questions lol 

John's POV

   I heard yelling, crying, and laughter. I frowned and head toward the sound. Thomas, Lee, and Andre were pinning Alex to the lockers and he was sobbing.  "What do you think, guys? I think I like the new look." 
   "HEY!" I yelled, storming up to them. They dropped Alex and he crumbled to the floor. "What the hell is wrong with you? What did you do to him?" I tried to push through them but they shoved me back. "Lee, I swear to god if you do-"
   "What? What are you gonna do, Laurens? Are you gonna go cry to your mommy. Oh...wait-" I swung at him and hit him square in the jaw. Andre tried to back Lee up but I kicked him in the dick and he fell to the floor. Thomas and Lee tried to pin me down but Hercules and Laf came to help. I went to Alex and helped him sit up. He was sobbing and shaking and I hugged him. 
   "What happened? Are you hurt?" I asked him.
   "N-no." That's when I noticed his right leg, it was bent backwards and it wasn't bending at the knee. 
   "Alex! Your leg is-" He grabbed my jacket and I looked him in the eye. 
   "You need to take me to the nurse's office."
   "The nurse's office! You need the hospital! Alex-"
   "Jacky! P-Please?"
   "Ok. Ok." I carefully picked him up bridal style and he buried his face in my neck. I carried him as fast as I could to the nurse's office and burst through the door. 
   "Oh my- Alexander!" I sat him on the bed and the nurse huffed. The nurse hurried out of the room and I bit my lip.
   "Jacky, close your eyes."
   "What? Alex-"
   "Close them! Please!" I screwed my eyes shut and I heard Velcro ripping.  Alex huffed and I started to open my eyes. Alex put his hand over my eyes and I gasped a bit.
   "Alex-"
   "Please...don't look?" He begged.
   "Why? What am I gonna see?" Alex sniffed and I tried to pull his hand off. "Alex, you can tell me. You can talk to me. I promise." 
   "You promise you won't react like...Andre?" 
   "What are you talking about, Alex?"
   "...Freak." He whispered.
   "I promise. You're not a freak, Alex." 
   "Um-...Jamie and I moved to America because a hurricane destroyed our town. The house fell on Jamie and I was pulled through the windshield of a car. I was in a coma for seven months." Alex choked out. "There was a huge gash in my calf and-...and it got infected." He sniffed.
   "What are trying to tell me, Alex?" He moved his hand and I looked him in the eye. He hung his head and that's when I noticed it. His pant leg was rolled up and their was nothing where his leg should've been. Alex started to sob loudly and I noticed a bent prosthetic on the counter. "Oh my god...Why didn't you tell me?" 
   "Because I was afraid of-"
   "Hey, hey! Look at me! Alex!" He looked up at me and I bit my lip. "I would never ever ever shame you for this. You can't control it."
   "But I'm disgust-" I shut him up with a kiss and he gasped. I felt fireworks and butterflies and waves crashing in my stomach and I knew, 100%, that Alexander Hamilton was my soulmate. Alex hesitated to kiss back but leaned into me and let it happen. When he pulled away I wiped his tears off his cheeks and pushed a loose curl behind his ear. "J-John-"
   "I need you to know that I love you, Alex. I don't need you to say it back to me but you need to know that I love you the way you are. I will always be by your side. This doesn't change a thing. I think you're beautiful and smart and funny. You are perfect." Alex sniffed and a couple tears slipped down his cheeks. 
   "But-"
   "No buts. You are not a freak."
   "Did you know?" He whispered.
   "Yeah...ever since Andre broke up with you." I mumbled.
   "Why didn't you say anything?" He sniffed.
   "You were upset and you didn't want a soulmate. I didn't wanna upset you anymore than you already were." Alex sniffed and wiped his eyes. 
   "Y-you don't care?"
   "Well, yes and no. I care. I wanna make sure you're ok but it doesn't bother me. I love you, Alex."
   "Oh, John-...I-"
   "You don't need to say it back." I assured.
   "Can we just...stay friends?" He asked quietly. "I just need some time." He sniffed.
   "Of course. Friends. Take all the time you need." I assured, Alex smiled a bit and the door burst open. 
   "Alex!" James rushed to Alex side and hugged him. "Are you ok?"
   "He broke it! They broke it! I'm sorry! I couldn't stop them! I-"
   "I don't care about that. Are you ok!" James huffed, I started to get up but Alex squeezed my hand so I stayed. 
   "No." Alex sniffed.
   "Are you hurt?" Alex shook his head and wiped his eyes again. "Come on. Let's get you home." Alex tucked his pant leg into itself and James helped him up. 
   "Can John come?" Alex sniffed.
   "I'll excuse you both from the rest of your classes." Principal Washington hummed from the doorway, I got up and smiled. 
   "I'll get your stuff from your locker and meet you there, ok?" Alex nodded and hugged me tightly before letting James and Washington help him hop out. I went to Alex's locker and got his things before heading out to my truck. I wasn't lying to him. It changed nothing. Absolutely nothing.