Dinner

A/N - WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

John's POV

   Alex pounced on my back and I coughed. "What are you doing!" I laughed, Alex giggled and put all his body weight on my back. 
   "James said 'yes'." He hummed, I pushed him off and looked at him. 
   "Really?" 
   "Yup!" He giggled, I squeezed him in a hug and he giggled. "Can we play video games?" 
   "Sure, baby." I smiled, we got Mario Kart set up and Alex sat in my lap. We played for a couple hours until James called and asked Alex to come home. Their father wasn't laying off and I was ready to throw hands with him. I drove Alex home and he dragged me to the door with him. "He's gonna call me 'blonde boy'." I grumbled as he knocked on the door. 
   "Then call him 'bitch boy'."
   "He doesn't approve of me." Alex huffed and kissed me gently. 
   "So? He can't just waltz in after six years and kick the only thing that makes me happy out on his butt." I chuckled a bit and James opened the door. We entered the room and Hamilton rolled his eyes. 
   "He has you on a leash, son!" He spat, I folded my arms and Alex turned as red as his hair. 
   "DO NOT CALL ME THAT!" He screamed, shaking with rage. James huffed and Alex stormed off to the bathroom. I sighed and plopped on the bed. James got mad at Hamilton and I huffed. 
   "BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!" Both men shut their mouths and I stood up. "You!" I pointed at James. "File a restraining order! And you!" I pointed at Hamilton. "Your sons clearly don't want you here and if you truly wanted to make amends you'd respect that and give them their distance!" I groaned. "It's so fucking simple, a pigeon could do it! The more you try to kick me out, the farther you push Alex away! Get out!" Hamilton huffed and left the room. I sighed and James mouthed a 'thank you'. I nodded and knocked on the bathroom door. "Alex? Baby, it's me." The lock clicked and I opened the door to find him crying on the toilet, his prosthetic laying on the floor. 
   "Please stop fighting?" He begged, I pulled him up into a hug and stroked his hair. 
   "He's gone." I assured, scooping him up and taking him to the bed. James sighed and kissed his brother's head. 
   "Alex, get your prosthetic." He sighed, grabbing his coat.
   "Wha-"
   "Family dinner. You're coming too, John." I frowned but fetched Alex's prosthetic and helped him put it on. 

   We ended up at IHOP and Alex and I shared a booth with Alex. James sat across from us and Alex was leaning against me. "You can't order coffee, Alex!" James was saying.
   "But I wanna!" Alex whined.
   "You'll be up all night!"
   "Jacky! I want coffee!"
   "Sorry, baby. I'm with James on this one." 
   "Ha!" James grinned, Alex gave me puppy dog eyes and I melted.
   "Maybe just one cup?" I asked, looking at James. He face palmed and Alex grinned. 
   "No! My brother has you all wrapped around his little finger!" James mused, crossing his arms. Alex giggled and kissed me gently. "No coffee! I'm putting my foot down." James laughed, Alex pouted and James rolled his eyes. "You've been pulling that trick on mom since you learned to talk. It's never worked on me." 
   "Oh poo." Alex sighed, crossing his arms. "It used too."
   "Yeah, cause your damn leg got torn off and you tried to kill yourself." I froze, my smile fading. 
   "What?"
   "James!" Alex huffed.
   "Oh...I didn't know he didn't-" James shut his mouth and Alex peeked up at me. He sighed and I huffed. 
   "You tried to-" Alex nodded and I sighed. "Why didn't you tell me?"
   "Because I didn't wanna make you all upset." He mumbled.
   "I'm gonna hit the head." James practically ran to the bathroom and Alex huffed. "I was missing a leg and doctors left and right were telling me I was a miracle. I didn't feel like one. I just wanted to sleep...forever. I didn't wanna deal with it all anymore. I just wanted to die." I kissed him and he blushed. "I don't want to anyone. I have you and, even though my dad's being a dick right now, I like my life. I have friends and a boyfriend who loves me. I'm content." Alex smiled, I kissed him again and squeezed his hand. 
   "Thank you for not succeeding." I smiled.
   "Thank you for washing 'freak' off my arm." He smiled.
   "I still want to drop an anvil on that boy."
   "It's not worth it." I sighed. "Don't stoop to his level. You wanna get back at him? Kiss me. It made him mad to see me happy." I kissed him and he giggled. "I love you."
   "I love you too." James plopped down and eyed us. 
   "We're good." Alex smiled.
   "Good. I'd hate to see you two break up." He smiled, Alex rolled his eyes and we ordered our food. I've never seen Alex eat so god damn aggressively. 
   "Baby, slow down. You'll choke." I smirked, Alex winked at me and I rolled my eyes. 
   "I never get IHOP!" 
   "You're adorable." When it came time for the check James bit his lip and Alex pretended like he wasn't seeing anything. My heart broke a little. They were so nice, they shouldn't have to struggle like this. "Don't worry, James. I got it."
   "Oh, John. That's not necessary." James sighed.
   "It's my pleasure." I smiled, I took the check from James and he pouted a bit. Alex blushed and I smirked at him. "Gold digger, huh?" I teased.
   "Maybe just a little." He giggled, I rolled my eyes and set my card on the check. 
   "Nice catch, Alex. When you turn twenty one I'm taking you out for a drink." James smiled at me, I laughed and sighed.
   "Lookin' forward to it."