Differences

Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Jongho, and Mingi couldn't help but tense up. This was supposed to be a hideout, but everyone seemed to be showing up at their front door.

Jongho went up to the door wordlessly and looked through the peephole. Whatever he saw distressed him enough to make him lean his head against the cold wood surface and mumble inaudibly.

"It's Yunho," announced Jongho after he let his nerves calm down a bit. Hongjoong nodded and Jongho opened the door.

Yunho stepped in with two people behind him. They looked like guards, but their posture were relaxed.

"Why are you here? Who are these people?" asked Jongho. He felt somewhat responsible for his own brother, even though he could hardly be blamed for someone else's actions.

"Please listen to me before you freak out." He moved his hands in a pacifying motion, and when he spotted the table full of food, hastily added, "Sorry for interrupting your breakfast."

"Just get to the point," said Hongjoong. He was frowning now. Why did everything had to happen at the same time? "If you're here about last time..." he eyed the two strangers behind Yunho nervously. "We're sorry."

"No, that's not why I came." Yunho sounded even more apologetic than Hongjoong. He felt like that too. He never planned to ask them about bringing Seonghwa back so soon, but the more he thought about it, the more convinced he was that it would be better to get it over with before Kim could do anything else to "motivate" him.

"I won't beat around the bush." Yunho took a deep breath. "I'm here to ask if Seonghwa wants to join us. It's convenient to have someone who can see the future. And we'll be assigned to a mission if you come."

There was a long, uncomfortable silence. Then Mingi scoffed. A few times, each time sounding more incredulous than the last. "Have you already forgotten what happened yesterday? Do you seriously expect Seonghwa to go so that you can do what you want? In the end, it's all just about you."

Yunho wanted to slap himself for his lack of preparation. "I meant we - you and I - go back to stopping crimes if we show the government what we can do."

Mingi stared at Yunho dumbly. "Please don't tell me you really think that. You-" He was about to release his anger again when the two men who accompanied Yunho collapsed onto the floor suddenly.

Startled, Yunho looked around his feet and saw the two men curled up on the floor with their eyes closed. He lifted his head to see if the others were just as surprised as he was, but realization hit him like a brick when he saw Hongjoong's unnaturally concentrated expression.

A curse slipped out between Yunho's lips. "Why did you do that?" He also wanted to ask how, because he never knew his leader could control other people's minds so well.

"They're not hurt, just sleeping."

A rush of anger and irrational panic - would Hongjoong do anything else? - flooded overrode Yunho's control. "I said why did you do that? They weren't even doing anything!"

Seonghwa noticed Yunho's instability and said, "We don't mean any harm. We just want to tell you something without them listening."

"What?" Yunho's shout made Jongho flinch.

Mingi walked up to Yunho. "They can't be trusted, Yunho. You have to come back. The others too. The assignment you were talking about - you can't accept it. We'll fight there. It's what Seonghwa saw a while ago."

Yunho narrowed his eyes. "Are you trying to scare me so I'll leave the government and come back to you? You just want me back by your side?"

"Why would we ever lie about that? It's dangerous for both of us! People could get hurt if we don't figure this out and stop this from happening!" Mingi stepped back, incredulous.