Outing

"You're not going anywhere," Wooyoung said. He crossed his arms and faced an exasperated San.

"I'm going to bore to death here!" San complained. He let himself fall backwards onto his bed. The bed he shared with Yunho, which was also the bed Yunho spent a decent amount of time tidying this morning. Now there were fresh crease marks surrounding the dip San's weight had made.

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. "No you aren't. It's only going to be one, two days at most. Then your long awaited drama is going to knock on your door and you can happily welcome it inside." His voice was dripping with sarcasm, which did a very effective job at annoying San even further.

San groaned and began talking to the ceiling. "I know you're worried. Believe me when I say I don't want to be kidnapped twice in the span of two days. But I'll only worry if I stay here, and that's going to drive me crazy. So please." San sat up as he said the last two words, trying to look and sound more sincere than he was feeling.

Feeling slightly bad for not being more understanding before, and knowing his friend would find a way to sneak out once he's off to work, Wooyoung sighed and offered a compromise. "Fine. But you have to bring someone else with you."

San's eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Yes." Wooyung couldn't help smiling at the excitement on San's face. "Now I have to get ready for work. It wasn't easy getting this one-time job. Stay safe out there."

San waved goodbye and Wooyoung exited the bedroom.

After a few minutes of walking around the house, San found two companions who were willing to go out with him.

"Sure, I have to buy some groceries anyway," Seonghwa replied. He was already dressed up and ready to go.

"I don't mind, as long as we're eating something good for lunch," Mingi said, but he was still lying in bed. San had to physically pull him off the bed for him to get ready.

Finally, at 11:00am, San, Seonghwa, and Mingi left the base and drove to the city centre.

They ate pizza for lunch and shopped around the streets as San requested until Mingi started complaining about his sore feet.

"Can we sit down and get some ice cream?" Mingi whined as they walk past a dessert shop.

"Don't remember I still have to go to the market if you want dinner tonight," Seonghwa reminded them, sounding only slightly worn out from the long walk.

San stopped and consulted his phone. It was already 3:00pm. "Alright, we can get dessert and then go get groceries."

-

Back in the Alternare's base, Yunho and Hongjoong were eating snacks and watching TV together when they heard the doorbell ring.

They stopped chewing whatever was in their mouths immediately and looked at each other with the same level of vigilance in their eyes.

Only so many people knew where their secret base was located. Narrow it down to those who didn't know the password for the door? There was only one possibility.

Yunho swallowed a mouthful of popcorn and stood up, looking at the older for consent.

"Wait," Hongjoong whispered. He stood up too, setting the snack bowl aside. "Be careful. I still don't trust them." His eyes were alert and dubious as they darted towards the door.

Another set of curt knocks resonated through the living room.

Yunho navigated around the couch and walked to the door. He had to wipe his sweaty palms on his shirt before he could get a good grip on the doorknob.

The door opened and Yunho felt most of the tension leave his body when he saw the two seemingly harmless people in front of him.

A woman and a man stood at the doorway. They were wearing immaculate black suits just like the intruders from yesterday, but they weren't wearing goggles, and instead of weapons they held an office bag in their hands. The woman, who looked no more than 25 years old, had an intimidating aura around her. She had long red hair which was tied up in a high ponytail. Her eyes were big and round, and the brown pupils seemed to have a natural iridescence to them. The high heels made her only a little bit shorter than Yunho, which meant she would probably be taller than Hongjoong.

The woman spoke. "Good afternoon." Her voice was crisp and high-pitched. "I work for the government, and this is my partner." She gestured to the man brusquely.

The slightly younger man had dark hair that complemented his eyes. His bangs were gelled up and styled perfectly so that every single strand of hair was combed in the same direction.

He simply nodded, letting the woman continue. "We deeply apologize for what happened yesterday. It was our mistake for startling you when we just want to talk."

Yunho took the pause as a cue to start talking. But he had no idea what to say. He wasn't used to be the one in charge. Fortunately, Hongjoong materialized next to him and took over.

"Yes, we should talk. We have many things to ask you."

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Are you the leader?"

Instead of replying, Hongjoong stepped aside. "You should come in." He sounded as if he had to force the words out of his mouth.

-

"Can someone help me out here?" Mingi trudged behind Seonghwa and San, holding two bags of groceries on each hand.

The trio was ready to head home and was walking back to their car.

"You're strong enough." San rolled his eyes even though Mingi wouldn't be able to see. "You probably aren't even sweating."

Mingi huffed. It was true. He was the strongest member in the team, and the bags weighed next to nothing to him. "How far are we-"

He almost lost balance as he halted inches behind Seonghwa and San, who stopped walking without warning.

"What-?" Mingi's irritation quickly turned into confusion and worry as he examined the scene before him.

Seonghwa was staring at a spot to the left of him, his eyes widening as his head slowly followed the line of trees along the sidewalk.

"What's wrong? Are you ok? Are you seeing something?" San sounded more and more urgent with every question that came out of his mouth.

Seonghwa was having a vision, and by the looks of it, it wasn't going to be a good one.

After a few seconds, Seonghwa snapped out of his head and returned to reality. He swiveled around so fast he saw stars.

"We have to go now. No time to explain." Without waiting for the others to react, he sprinted off towards his car.

Driven by a deep sense of unease, Mingi and San followed suit.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

Seonghwa saw something else! Will he tell the others this time? Yunho and Hongjoong are going to face another two officials from the government! How will it go this time?

I know I'm repeating myself but thank you for reading my story XD It means a lot to me and I will finish this fanfic the best I can!

- KCGG_Goddess