Change

"Yunho's not coming?" Jongho asked. The team had just finished briefing for their mission in the afternoon. Hongjoong - with Seonghwa's warning in mind - chose Mingi, Seonghwa, and Jongho to go with him.

Hongjoong and Seonghwa shared a subtle but meaningful glance. "All we have to do is chase them and contain them," explained the leader. "I don't think Yunho's powers would be necessary."

"He has longer legs. He'll run faster than me." Jongho said, ignoring the hard stare Yunho was giving him.

"You're stronger," Hongjoong replied patiently.

Jongho narrowed his eyes at Yunho, but said nothing when he saw the indifferent look on Yunho's face.

"You sure about this?" Mingi asked. "Yunho joins in all the missions. He's helpful."

Seonghwa parted his mouth in a silent sigh. Yunho avoided eye contact.

"Mingi," Hongjoong said. "He's not going. It's decided." He held Mingi's gaze for a few seconds, making sure he got his message across clearly.

Seonghwa looked at his watch. "If there's no other questions, get changed and be prepared to leave in 15 minutes."

The meeting was adjourned and one by one the members stood up and returned to their rooms. Jongho lingered behind, observing Yunho's behaviour. Yunho hadn't said anything during the briefting, and was now staring at his hands with disheartened eyes and slumped shoulders. Jongho knew he would've spoke up if he was angry or sad for being left out, so Yunho was definitely hiding something.

It just wasn't the time to ask.

15 minutes later, Mingi, Hongjoong, and Jongho were ready to go. They drove for another 15 minutes to reach their destination, and pretended to be the casual person going on a leisurely stroll in the weekend.

"Wait, how about the masks?" Mingi asked, just realizing that no one mentioned their disguises during the short meeting.

Jongho rolled his eyes. "We can't wear black masks if we want to blend in with the pedestrians."

"Right." Mingi smiled sheepishly.

"And it doesn't matter anymore," Hongjoong added. "The people who are against us already know who we are. There is no point in hiding."

The smile melted off Mingi's face as he was reminded of their targets. Luckily, the mission officially began before his mind could drift off and divert his attention.

Three people wrapped in black clothing zoomed past them, holding bulky duffel bags and what looked like boxes of matches.

Hongjoong immediately broke off into pursuit, the three other members following closely behind. Shocked pedestrians stumbled aside for the runners to pass. Intrigued teenagers fished out their phones to capture the moment.

Seonghwa ignored the mutters, shouts, and chatter of the crowded street, instead focusing intently on what he saw. Something about the criminals was bugging him, but he couldn't pinpoint on the exact reason.

In no time, Mingi surpassed his teammates and grabbed the shirt of the slowest man - the short and chubby one holding the duffel bag. As soon as the other members caught up, they would tie up the criminals' hands while Mingi would shoot off for the next one. This process repeated three times, until all three offenders were now sitting on the floor, struggling but helpless.

Mingi panted and wiped off his sweat. "That...was easier...than I...thought," he said, catching his breath.

Seonghwa frowned as an unpleasant sensation settled in the bottom of his stomach. It was way too easy. He scanned the men carefully, wondering what specific crime they have committed, and what about them was bothering him so much.