[67]

As the day of the performance was getting closer and closer, you were working extra hard at practices. Even when you were at Taehyung's house, you'd practice your moves after cleaning the house. You wanted to be perfect.

After the day you met his father, you never mentioned that incident again. You knew he didn't wanna talk about it, so you respected that despite being so interested about it.

You were at his house when Yiren called you.

"I quit" you heard her saying as soon as you took the call

"What do you mean?" you asked her.

Taehyung was eyeing you above his book, interested to find out who you were talking to.

"I mean I quit this job. It's been a nightmare since the boss's daughter started working here. She's been treated as queen while the rest of us are slaves."

"But what will you do?"

Yiren needed the money for the college she wanted to study after school.

"Thats why I'm calling you. They're looking for people at a fancy restaurant. Come with me, I already called them and they would like to make us some questions. Are you in?"

Fancy restaurant? That's gonna pay a lot. And I won't have to depend on Taehyung anymore.

"Sure. Count me in" you said and smiled.

After you hung up, Taehyung approached you, looking suspiciously at you.

"Who was it? Why're you smiling like that?"

"Jungkook" you lied and you immediately idiately saw his frown.

Why did I lie in first place? Did I want to see him jealous? Are you jealous, Tae?

"And why is it that I can't make you smile like this but he can?" he asked as he approached you dangerously close.

You could feel his breath to your ear and tried to push him away.

"Ya, I'm joking, it was Yiren. She offered me to go with her at a job... What are you doing?"

He pinned you to the wall.

"So you lied to me, Y/N? And new job? Are you trying to run away from me?"

He was making you nervous.

"That's...our deal, right? You told me to work here till I relax and find a new job... It's not sure yet, they'll make us questions..."

He actually seemed sad. You looked into his eyes.

"Why so sad? "

You were slow in realizing you actually said that outloud. He shrugged and looked away, probably trying to act a bit indifferent.

"Dunno. I guess I was kinda...used to you coming here"

Are you lonely, Taehyung?

"You know... I can still come here... Not to work, but just...you know"

Why were you doing this? It was you who was pushing him away, who was feeling so many regrets, and yet you wanted to get closer to him.

He was kind of surprised when he heard that. But in the end he smiled and released your body from the wall.

"You can't take back your words"