Christmas Eve disaster

I blink twice lifting my head off the pillow, sleepily noting I'm face to face with a blurry version of Harry's Patronus before my eyes close and I driftoff I realised I wasn't dreaming biting my tongue the misty stag lowered its head wearily eyeing it as an uncomfortable heavy dread filled me to the core 'Hae wake the fuck up, now.' Lizzie pleaded desperation cracked her voice as she firmly smacked my leg from the end of the couch 'I'm up.' She tore the blanket off my waist while I sit up Harry's anger-filled voice floats around the room 'Hazel we need you! The burrow- it's, it's under attack bloody Death eaters they came from nowhere fucking hurry!' The stag vanished in a misty puff slapping a hand over my face I snap my shaking fingers changing my silk Christmas jammies into a warm outfit suitable for duelling.

Biting my lips while shivering in anger I changed my socks into thicker wool stockings reaching over by the fireplace I blindly grab for my warm boots slipping them onto my feet as Lizzie hastily shoved her sneakers on, tucking the laces under the tongue before leaning over and grabbing my wand off the floor next to the couch handing it to me 'Thanks.' Biting it between my teeth I yank on my laces tying them tightly 'Who else is awake?' I question in a hushed tone slipping my wand up my sleeve she waved her hand around the room poking her head out the top of her jumper 'Neville's not here Draco isn't either,' She mutters scooping her hair out of the back of her jumper  'I woke up two seconds before getting you up, I don't know where the boys are, I just know there not in the room.' She says yawning tying her hair up in a knot bun Draco? Silence. I don't think the mark works both ways nibbling on my lips in aggravation I glance around the dim living room twisting my hair into a bun I silently watch Lizzie remove the lump of blankets off the carpet dropping them in a heap on the couch.

'Go get Neville, I need to get Draco and Narcissa we leave in two minutes you need to stay here with Pene-.' Neville quietly strides into the living room followed by Malfoy and his mother all three were dressed in warm but lose clothing suitable for duelling 'You heard?' Nodding his head Neville rubbed his face a bit too aggressively grabbing his winter coat off the couch turning around he draped it across my sister's shoulders muttering under his breath angrily 'Went to the bathroom and came back I seen Harry's stag and went to find him and Mrs. Malfoy.' He grunts wrapping his arm around Elizabeth's waist 'Boot. Now.' The broody Slytherin didn't bother waiting for an answer as he slides his hand under my calves looping his arm around my waist he stands lifting me as his mother charms my boot into a timed port key 'Is she staying here?' Malfoy and I nodded but Lizzie shook her head no 'No I'm coming.' Lizzie sputters angrily 'That's not fair! why can't I come and help? I have the fucking training.' Neville shoots me a look over the crown of her head his eyes screaming what he was trying to silently relay 'Can she duel?' Narcissa questions clasping a hand over Lizzie's before she could touch the boot she dips her head yes despite the fear flashing through her blue eyes.

'Yes, I can fight, I've also been taught by almost all the Professors and Draco.' Narcissa's frown deepened glancing at my sister then at me she shook her head tutting 'Duelling is much different than fighting dear girl, can you wield your wand?' Flicking her tongue across her bottom lip she nodded her head 'Yes, Snape has been teaching me too.' Malfoy tightened his arm around my waist his finger tips dig into my hip as he adjusts me against his chest She doesn't want your sister's fear to overrun her nerves love. My eyes widened slightly Hand on your boot and hold on. 'Of all days.' The tired Matriarch snaps grabbing the tip of my boot before we're all yanked by the portkey.

We land by the front gate barely dodging the dark green and orange sparks flying from literally every direction towards the Burrow from the depths of the bog and tree line placing a chaste kiss against the crown of my head Malfoy hastily sets me on my feet pulling me by the arm towards the large creaking house as he runs through the snow I almost pause spotting incapacitated bodies cloaked and masked littering the yard 'Get to the door! Go! Go!' immediately drawing my wand from my sleeve I cast a few counterspells at the closest death eaters immediately putting myself behind Lizzie and barely block the deadly hex with a counterspell as Ron startled the shit out of me bursting out of the front door with Blaise shoving past him ushering Narcissa inside when a stray hex catches Ron by the arm 'Cissy inside, Now!' I twist around shoving Lizzie into his chest 'Don't let her outside!' I demanded ignoring her protested shriek while Neville and Malfoy guard the door deflecting each dark incantation projected towards the burrow 'Keep them safe or I swear to fucking the gods Weasley!' He snarls slamming the front door shut with the heel of his boot quickly scouting the yard I grinned in slight victory hopping off the porch and stomping my right foot onto a thin patch of ice and broke it cause a thick clear slab of ice shoot up in front of us as a black mist dispersed against it a lone yelp rips passed my lips as it cracked against the rather dark hex directed towards me. A dozen death eaters appeared from the bog as the Weasley men poured into the yard already battered and bruised, ready to defend their home. 'Blaise! Get down!' Bill shouted kicking the back of his calf from under him, a disgruntled Blaise yelps as he toppled over landing on my legs with a fed-up groan as we both tumbled into the snow and ice as a dark green spark shot past his head as he fell, dispersing against the groaning lower level of the house causing ashes and large wooden splinters to rain down on and around us 'Sorry bout that mate he's got a strong kick jus stay behind the wall they can't see you but you can see them.' I comment sitting onto my knees while shovelling my hands into the snow I bit my tongue ignoring the piercing pain in my numbing fingers and dug through the foot of snow and sleet as my fingers begin to bleed while breaking clumps of ice out of the way till I felt the solid ground buried beneath me 'Shields up now!' I yelled before I drew my fist back smashing it against the cleared patch of frozen earth silently watching large icicles rise above the snow through the barrier before they explode sending different sized shards of sharp ice in every direction.