I'm going to imagine not seeing that

Rubbing my eyes I carefully moved Malfoy's arm from my waist and grabbed my wand from the night stand, slipping out of my warm bed I grabbed a fussy Wee Ian and left my room shutting the door softly behind me, grabbing a can of formula and some cleaned bottles I prep them and shove them into a nappy bag for wee Ian before slipping back into my room checking over the cats I made my way back over toward the bed pressing a kiss against Malfoy's sleeping forehead and vanished the large drool spot next to his mouth with a small grin, I left him a note before taking the floo over to the boarding house to start on breakfast for the students and staff 'I didn't know I wasn't alone this morning.' Poppy says stepping out of the pantry some supply in her arms 'Now I'm going to feel like I'm in the way.' She tuts with disproval as I carefully move her supply onto the much bigger counter top 'How are you feeling this morning Poppy?' She sighs setting the loose tea jars on the large kitchen island as I silently began to prepare a kettle for the both of us 'I'm worried about my children, but I know my students and I know they will be alright for at least a little while, you did a very brave thing opening your home to so many people so quickly my dear.' Chuckling dryly I shake my head bustling about the kitchen to look for the sugar 'I might not be a biological mother, I might not ever get that chance.' I sigh lightly dragging my nails against Wee Ian's hair 'But, I'm still a mum none the less and it's in my nature to protect and to care, from the maiden is born the mother. And then the Crone from the mother I suppose it is.' Poppy hums in agreement as I manually pour us both a steaming mug of tea before gathering everything I needed with me to head outside 'Would you care to join me outside? I find it better to cook outside.' She tilts her head to the side mulling over my question 'No I think I'm alright inside dear, you enjoy some fresh air while you make breakfast though, we'll need it.' Stepping out onto the back porch I set up shop and began making breakfast for the students.

'Oh Hazel, I've been looking everywhere for you.' Lizzie mutters yawning with a step onto the porch with a shiver pulling my cardigan around herself watching with confusion while I clean up 'It gets to hot in the kitchen so I made breakfast out here, it's all set up for the students I'm about to make some fresh juice and coffee, will you help?' Lizzie nods and slides the back door open for me 'Thank you.' as I step into the house Harry comes barrelling into the room holding the daily profit in his hands panic written on his face 'Kingsley's dead.' I pause- mourning the small bit of the sheer peace being ripped from us for a single moment and sigh - resting my fingers against my temples and slowly blink taking a deep breath 'No good morning Hazel? No how'd you sleep? Just straight to the point I see, fucks sake Harry she just cooked for an army and a half by hand while caring for a child.' Grunting I drop my hands hushing her 'How'd he die mate?' All three of us knew the truth of how he died.

He didn't have to tell me 'We get a letter, he leaves then the next day it's in the bloody daily profit come on now Hazel can we do without the sarcasm for even a single moment?' He mutters rubbing his face aggressively before righting his glasses tossing the paper at me 'Alright, I'm going to make some juice and coffee for the students,' I pinched the bridge of my nose rubbing wee Ian's back as he begins to fuss 'Then Harry, and only then can and will I deal with this. I'm assuming the order is already at the house?' He nods his head shoving his black locks out of his face before tapping his leg with his wand.

'Harry, you know we have no choice but to make this our problem again right? If Kingsley is dead then the ministry is over run again gods damn it. I just wanted to feed these fucking kids bruv.' He nods once more sucking air through his teeth and winced at my harsh language 'Which means everyone is at high risk.' Lizzie finishes for me 'Well, that juice isn't going to make itself nor is that coffee, so I'm going to do that and you're going with Harry.' She pushes me toward Harry and skips off to the kitchen 'Actually, I don't know where anything is, HAZEL COME HELP.' Groaning I followed Harry into the kitchen 'Fruits are in the fridge, coffee is in the pantry and if you scream like that again I'll fucking end you.' I snap despite Harry chuckling at her.