Bite me

The crisp December air felt wonderful with the sun shining brightly this morning, it slightly helped brighten my otherwise sour mood rubbing my hands together I glance up as someone wolf whistles grumbling in aggravation I fixed my scarf for the third time 'Do keep up Hazel, you're lagging behind which is unlike you.' Madam Hooch called out teasingly I mounted my broom and decide to hover above ground 'I can't believe she's serious! Having pregnant students ride.' Charles Mcclorn a sixth-year Ravenclaw snarks loudly on his own broom, his counter part nods 'As if they're not accident prone enough.' His friend mutters in agreement glaring at the unamused Professor.

Her back was turned as she chided Ronald and Seamus, both of them seem to get into a bit of trouble lately, 'Hazel if your two left feet don't leave the ground I might just take your broom and use it to clean with instead oh, oops you're already on your broom.' Elizabeth calls from above.

I childishly stick my tongue out at her, 'Come on now,' she not so gracefully lands in front of me 'What's wrong Hazel?' Inspecting my broom with indifference I lick my lips before muttering under my breath 'What was that?' She laughs awkwardly as a few pregnant Hufflepuff's looked appalled 'I said I'm about to shove my broom up your arse, I'll stay here down low, you know before any accident-prone pregnant women fall, I'd like to make sure they're alright.' A few snickers could be heard from the male students 'What's the meaning of this Hazel? You're my most cautious student, not to mention I've never heard you speak so lowly about women before.' She turns to look at Ron who lets out a 'Hey!' 'Oh don't give me that look, Weasley, the whomping willow can fly better than you.' She gives me a pointed look her cat eyes fixed on my pointed wand as I directed my own toward the two Ravenclaws 'I'm only doing it to spite them. I know they're not to far along so it's safe for them to fly but maybe you should explain that to Mcclorn.' She levels the two boys with a heated look as the realisation struck her 'Yes, anyhow your classmates will do a great deal better with you up there with them Hazel.' Snickering as Ron sputters as she ignores him flat out I gain more air and dart off 'That's a girl.' Madam Hooch calls as I do a few trick moves and hover above her she soon had Charles fitted with her narrowed gaze 'I'll hear not another word of this nonsense you're spouting. Each female who's expecting has signed a permission slip stating either that they are or are not going to continue to fly, They know the risks but I can assure you Mr. Mcclorn.' He visibly gulps causing his friend to snicker silently 'Thats twenty points each from Ravenclaw for your narrow mindedness.' She ended the conversation before he could utter another word 'Do be more considerate with your words boy.' If I didn't know Madam Hooch as well as I did I would have thought she was going to hex the bugger, unfortunately I beat her to it.

The rest of class was uneventful, Elizabeth was getting the hang of things pretty fast and even signed up for Quidditch after one of the Gryffindor players quit the team, Albus was smart enough to stick her in Ginny's year and allow her to meet with each of the Professors weekly, though Malfoy and I have been teaching Lizzie different subjects separately the clan has also taken to studying their eyes completely dry and painfully stinging at least twice a week with Lizzie as a group in the Malfoy commons. Within two weeks of bugging and pestering Harry he agreed to help me teach her basic duelling on the side. though Professor Flitwick mentioned he was extremely impressed with how fast she's learning in charms and been able to control her magic he still firmly believes that over holiday break she needs to stay at Hogwarts to make up for the lack of education she should of received in America- although I'm hoping he'll soon come to reason with me, Malfoy has also surprisingly tried to change his mind as we have with other Professors.
—-

sliding into my chair next to Hermione I set my satchel on the floor 'Did you happen to finish the charms essay?' She questions fiddling with her quill 'Aye, finished it the same day Flitwick mentioned it, why? Knut for your thoughts?' Her hair was pulled back hastily, tied into a knot at the base of her neck so it was out of her face, I frown taking note of the dark purple bags under her eyes, noticing her posture was sluggish at best before I spit the hidden hickey on the nape of her neck 'Yes I finished it, but.' I rose a brow watching her cheeks turn a light shade of pink when I poke it 'Severus and I might have gotten a bit too carried away last night.' A shit-eating grin breaks out across my face before she could continue 'I could say so many things right now, but I won't.' Leaning over in my chair I grabbed my satchel.