Out of all things you flirt with death?

'Honestly, Ronald if we didn't know better you'd think your mum starves you.' Ron shrugs his shoulders at Neville's comment while ripping into a drumstick groaning with his mouth open 'I don't care, mate, I've waited weeks for this food.' Looking around the great hall I rip off a small piece of my bread roll and dip it into my tomato bisque grabbing a lob of melted cheese with it before pausing, watching the headmaster walk down the long isle to the Professors table. 'Any guesses as to what Albus wants to speak to us seventh and sixth years about?' A collective round of mumbled 'No.'s' came from our little cluster as the hairs on the back of my neck began to rise like I was being watched before I could take a bite Harry clears his throat grabbing his goblet full of pumpkin juice 'Hae it looks like you've got something stuck on the bottom of your boot.'

He mutters behind his raised goblet 'Who?' Harry swallows and sets the goblet down on the table 'Don't look, but it's from the Slytherin table,' digging into his baked kidney pie with a raised brow he nods his head as it dawns on me 'Malfoy?.' I mouth he nods his head before taking another bite of his food 'He can piss off, ignore him Harry, that's what I plan on doing.' Grabbing a freshly made grilled cheese off the platter next to me I made a mental note to head off to the kitchens to thank the elves and give them a few more recipes muggle-borns, especially the few American transfers would appreciate as I take a bite, wiggling in my seat with a sigh, yes I definitely need to make a mental note to see the house elves, mainly to see Siggy and Tilly they're both free but fell smitten with me and won't take no for an answer.

'If you don't chew with your god's damn mouth closed Ronald Weasley I'll gut you and send your parts across the globe boy, don't think I won't.' tossing the rest of my grilled cheese at him he catches it and drops it onto his plate before it hits him in the face 'I don't need to be mothered Hae, I'm not a child.' a bewildered expression crosses Harry's face and I all but lose it as a small giggle escapes my mouth 'That look was priceless mate, I wish I caught it on camera.' Dean chuckled next to Ron on the bench handing him a napkin 'I truly pity Mione simply due to your table manners. Christ sake I grew up in a house full of boys and I have better table manners.' Ginny smirks behind her raised hand and covers her chuckle with a cough as her older brother's face turns a shade lighter than our house color as he abruptly stands up and shouts 'I don't eat like a pig you bloody asshole! the sorting ceremony for the first years is horridly long and obnoxious after a long ass train ride stop mothering me and let me eat like a man! I'm a man!' rolling my eyes at his immature response I almost retaliate for his sister until Harry elbows him in the side. 'Yes I do agree Mr. Weasely the sorting ceremony is rather long but its been tradition to welcome each first-year personally to their new homes,' Albus's voice rang out across the great hall, 'Now let us lets refrain from using such language in front of the young ones and bid them a good night, May all fifth years and below follow your head of house to your common rooms, I bid you all a good nights rest before your first day of classes tomorrow morning, remember not to leave your common room after curfew.' The scratching of the long wooden benches against the cobblestone floor of the Great hall pierced the sudden silence after Albus's speech causing my arms to break out in gooseflesh 'I swear that's one of the most haunting sounds I'll ever have etched into my head.' Neville was about to question my statement until he was cut off by Albus once more gathering the attention of the Sixth and seventh years, along with those who came back to repeat their seventh year.

'You must be wondering why I've called a gathering of you, and due to a series of unfortunate events I assure you I don't want to put you through this,' He pauses unclasping his hands in front of him and takes his half spectacles off, rubbing his eyes tiredly before he continues 'Both the British and the French Ministry did thorough research, calculating the percentages of deaths of the wizarding world here in the United Kingdom and has decided, against the Wizarding world of great Britain's better judgment a Marriage law shall be enacted.' it was as if a bomb had exploded 'Absolutely not!' I choked on air listening to the multiple yells and screeches of absolute anger and fear 'Some of us are muggle born! I refuse to get abused by some Slytherin Pureblood or allow any of the rest of them for that matter!' I looked up toward the Hufflepuff table as a pain shot through my chest, the girl who spoke up was grabbed by her friends and clung to as she cried. 'I'm leaving! goodbye my loves I'm moving to America.' standing up I began walking towards the large door before Albus amplified his voice using his wand to silence the great hall 'Hazel Granger return to your seat immediately.' I shook my head no as I continued walking, right before I step out of the great hall I'm knocked on my ass ten feet backward 'Oh come on Albus! after everything we did that you adults should have been doing in the first place you congratulate us by forcing us to have a life with the very people who simply hate my sister and other students because they're Muggle borns?' I yell across the hall while pulling myself up onto my feet and winced as I pop my arm back into place 'We gave up our innocence and for what? For the Ministry to turn their backs on us and force us to live a life not everyone wants to or can live?' I was seething as I turned back around raising my wand toward the great hall's large doors 'HAZEL SIT DOWN!' I casted a strong bombarda maxima 'FUCK YOU ALBUS! FUCK YOU AND THE BLASTED MINISTER.' I shot spell after spell towards the door before an overwhelming surge of magic coming towards me knocks me forward  before I'm lifted up and pulled back through the air 'I'm not going down without a bloody fight my hands are rated E for everyone Albus!' He slams his hands down on his pedestal which echos around the deadly silent Great hall 'You are to listen before going off on brash decisions Ms. Granger regardless of how you may feel!' I cross my legs hiding my modesty as arms circle around my waist before I dropped like a sack of potatoes 'Now that was just unnecessary.' Neville mutters glowering at Albus with a small frown 'He's on my shit list and has been for years and he knows it, thanks for catching me, might have gone a bit hatter-ish for a split minute or two.' Hermione shakes her head a mixture of worry and aggravation etched across her face 'That was fucking stupid Hazel.'