Death Is Only A Long Sleep

Henry's POV

                 Holy hell, holy hell, holy hell, holy hell....

                                     Delilah's POV

     I am stone. This means nothing to me. Stones do not have emotions.

                                     Basil's POV

      I need to see him. I need to know what's going on. Why can't I see him!?

        Delilah's POV

    A hospital. A clean, safe, unhappy, and needed place. I've always felt that hospitals could be a second home to anyone. They always were for me anyway. The light blue walls and the heavenly white light that shines both day and night have come to mean a lot to me. I believe that they will always bring me a comforting feeling. Which is why I am so confused as to why they're not comforting me now. At this moment, besides Dylan's bed I couldn't feel worse.

   My own little brother is lying here with machines hooked up to him and only his horrible siblings to watch over him. Mother is at a business meeting out of town and cannot get out of it, and father is......somewhere. He didn't pick up his phone and hasn't replied to any of our text, even mine. Which is incredibly odd. Dad is always there for me. The only real reason he might not be replying to me right now would be that he's lost his phone, is dead, or is drunk. Hopefully he's just lost his phone, but option three sounds like the likeliest option. Lately all dad seems to be doing is going out and getting drunk at who knows where and gets back at all hours of the night's. He's nothing like the father that I had first met all those years ago. Nothing at all.

  Wearily I sigh and take another look around the small room. It consist of a small television that is currently playing "Downtown Abby"(which I know is secretly one of Henry's favorite shows.) There's an old school radio on a desk besides the window, which has the curtains pulled firmly shut. On the back of the wooden door hangs a wipe board, which the nurse informed me is for positive messages to be written on. Not that I didn't already know that though. There's odd machines on either side of Dylan's bed that beep constantly and I'm not even sure what they do. The only other thing inside this room is three beaten down teenagers of the same family, but not of the same blood.

  I try not to let that fact bother me. The fact that everyone else in the family has actual blood ties but me. Of course they treat me as if I do, but that sensation of not belonging just appears sometimes. It's not there all the time. In fact for years I didn't feel it. Those were the happy years though, back when we all got along and were happy. Back when Poppy was home, and dad would hug me goodnight every night. When Henry was nice and kind towards everyone and had actual friends. When Dylan would talk to us all every single second of every single day. When I use to run with my family instead of away. Back when everything was as prefect as a real life could get. The past few years though have been the opposite of that. No, these past few years I've been getting the feeling of not belonging more and more, and it seems as if I'm the only one....

  Behind me I hear the click of a door opening. Jumping around in a hurry I immediately situate myself I'm front of Dylan's bed. Much to my surprise I see Henry come along and stand next to me with his shoulders squared and jaw set. So now it's just Henry and I standing between Dylan and....his doctor. Of course it's his sh#ting doctor. I'm not quite sure who else we we're expecting to come through the hospital's door except a Doctor though. Especially since the nurse had just told us about a half hour ago that the doctor would be here shortly.