44

Zendea's P.O.V

It's been a week since Maya found out that Kyle is her mate and a week since I've seen her. After I fainted at dinner, when I woke up at our house I practically begged Sebastian to not let anyone come over to the house to see me and when he asked why I lied and told him that I wasn't feeling very well. Ever since Kyle set foot on our territory he has been haunting my dreams and I don't know how but whenever I dream of him strangling me, gripping my arm or beating me I wake up with the actual bruises from the dream.

"Kitten you awake?" Sebastian calls out to me.

"Yes!" I answer back quickly burying myself into the blankets and right when I'm all covered up he walks in. Sitting on the bed he kisses my forehead.

"Morning." He smiles to me and I offer him a small smile.

"Good morning." I reply.

"How are you feeling today ? Because if you're still sick I can make an appointment with Dr King , he just landed and he's available." My heart sinks and all I feel is guilt, here's this amazing man going out of his way to take care of me and all I do is lie to his face.

"Y-You don't have to do that baby, I'm feeling a lot better now." I lie.

"Good ! Because the pack's having a picnic to celebrate Maya finding her mate and even though I'm not fond of the bastard , I am fond of her. So get ready, we leave in thirty minutes." Sebastian leaves without giving me a chance to respond so I reluctantly get up and head to the bathroom, after my shower I lotion up and decide on wearing light blue baggy jeans with an oversized white tee , sneakers and a jean jacket, keeping my makeup light. I head downstairs and make myself a sandwich and Sebastian walks in ready to go.

"All done?" He asks and I nod in response. We stroll to the pack house and arrive just in time to surprise Maya, while everyone yells surprise all my heart can do is sink as I see Kyle with Maya holding hands. She looks so happy it makes me want to cry but I push my feelings aside , try to put on a genuine smile and congratulate them.

"I'm happy for you." I whisper as I hug her tightly.

"Thank you so much Zee, I don't think I've ever been this happy. I mean he's so nice and sweet it's a little scary I tell you." She coos and my stomach turns in disgust.

"Tell her! Tell her now." Katani yells at me.

"Maya .. K-Kyle is—" And out of nowhere Kyle appears brushing past me and standing next to Maya while wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Speak of the Devil." Maya smiles to him.

"And he shall appear.." So dark , his voice is so dark.

"Baby I'd like you to meet my best friend Zendea, Zee this is Damien. My mate." A chill runs through my body.

"D-Damien?" I ask as shock consumes me. He looks at me and smirks.

"Ah huh." Maya says oblivious to what is going on. He quickly grabs a hold of my hand and kisses it.

"We actually know each other. We grew up together. I think she's just shocked that you called me by my second name." With every word he says his grip on my hand tightens painfully, I try to pull away discretely but he doesn't let me. I open up my thoughts to Sebastian so he can hear me.

"Second name ..?" Maya questions.

"Ow ow ow." I wince, he's crushing my hand. I didn't even see it coming, Sebastian tackles Kyle to the ground and because he was holding onto me so tightly he pulls me down with him. All three of us hit the floor with a thud and I tumble, getting up I witness Sebastian brutally punching Kyle over and over and over again. Jake and Asahya pull Sebastian off of him with difficulty but eventually succeed. I finally snap out of it and rush to Sebastian and try to calm him but he doesn't budge, instead he just walks past me and heads straight for Kyle.

"If you ever TOUCH her again I'll kill you!" He spits out then yanks my hand and walks back to the house, my heart breaks when I see Maya's face, this was supposed to be a happy day for her but instead it was just a disaster. When we get to the house Sebastian loses it.

"Are you alright?" He asks concerned.

"Mhm. My hand's just a little sore that's all." I lie.

"You're doing it again." He shakes his head running a hand through his hair out of frustration.

"Doing what?" I ask confused. When our eyes meet I see the rage they hold.

"LYING TO ME!" He booms, making me flinch.

"L-Lying? Sebastian I'm not"

"Don't." He cuts me off, I try looking at him but end up looking anywhere but at him. "You can't even look at me." I run upstairs and he follows.

"You are not running away. Get back here." He orders.

"I'm not running away." I say taking off my jacket and throwing it on the bed.

"Who is he to you?" He questions.

"He's no one." I lie, again. God what am I doing!? Why am I lying to him? But what am I supposed to do ? Tell him how Kyle is the guy I've been having nightmares about for months! That he used to beat me constantly, broke me down emotionally or how he assaulted me? He'd never look at me the same again.

"You know , I can feel you lying to me. Maybe you've forgotten but we're bonded to each other and—" He stops looking at my arm, I look at it too , confused and shock consumes me. The bruise!

Our eyes lock, "Explain."

Kyles P.O.V

"I don't care! Do as I say. Don't make me come down there and snap your neck because you know I will." I roar , hanging up the phone. Who does that fucker think he is , putting his hands on me.

"Hey .. you coming to bed soon?" Maya whispers into my ear wrapping her arms around my abdomen, my body cringes. She repulses me. Every time she touches me, says my name or kisses me all it does is remind me how she's not Zendea. I want her and no one else.

"In a second." I say through gritted teeth. The sparks disappear when her hands leave my body and I release a breath.

"Just four more days my sweet Zendea, then we'll be together." I whisper into the dark room.

________________________________
And now you guys know how Kyle actually feels about Maya. 💔😭 poor Maya.

Don't forget to vote and comment guyssss, love you 😘.

- zendea ❤️