34

Zendea's P.O.V

"Are you nervous?" Sebastian chuckles behind me as he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Pshht, no." I mock but turn in his arms and look at him. "Ok I'm petrified." I admit to him, I mean if I can't confide in him then who can I confide in?

"Don't be kitten." He says kissing my forehead, my nose then my lips, softly.

"What if they don't like me? Or think I'm not worthy? How will your parents react? Do they even know about me and the fact that I am your enemy's daughter-?"

"You are just you. You are my mate and that's it. Plus, what if everything goes well and they love you?" He interrupts helping me catch a breath, and it calms me. To say I was nervous about meeting the pack would be selling it short, I was terrified. These will be my people one day and the thought of them not accepting me is scary.

"Block out your thoughts and listen to my voice. You are going to do great and our pack will adore you, as do I. I also ... didn't tell my parents about you till this morning." My body stiffens as he scratches the back of his head, giving me a boyish smile.

"Whyyy?" If I was the same girl I was before I met Sebastian I would have already assumed that he didn't tell his parents about me because he was ashamed of me, but I'm not that girl anymore, he has constantly reassured me that he wants me , that I'm good enough and I believe him so I know he has a good reason. He always does.

"I think it's safe to say that I wanted you all to myself and I wanted you to heal in peace, my mom is .. what's the right word? Overwhelming and I know that if I told her about you she would have bugged you till kingdom come." He laughs as he thinks about his mom but then his face changes into a hard expression. "And I didn't tell my father because I just didn't want him to know." He says bitterly. I know how bitter sweet Sebastian's relationship is with his father and I understand more than anyone so, meeting the man who brutally beat my mate as a child and hurt him isn't something I'm looking forward to.

"Ok so first we shower and then we head to the house right?" I ask nervously , Sebastian doesn't say much except nod and smirk. He's up to something. I offer for us to shower together but he turns me down , I don't think much of it and head into the shower hoping it'll wash away my nerves. Wrapping a towel around my body I head to the closet when I see a blue box on our bed, I smile with excitement as I walk towards it and detach the note on it written in gold.

"Stop overthinking things and try this on , I know you'll look beautiful in it."
- Bass

Opening the box I remove the fluffy gold thin paper and gasp, taking it out I lay my eyes on a beautiful white gown made from silk fabric. It's strapless and has a high slit with the fabric gathering around the slit, in the shape of a flower, not to mention it's tight fit around the waist. I finally finish curling my ends and pull my hair into a high sleek ponytail, the curls making my hair appear a little shorter than usual. I apply some gloss and mascara, choosing to keep it as natural as possible and finally wear the gown. It fits my body perfectly and outlines my every curve.

"He's gonna love this." I laugh to myself and head downstairs, only to see Maya waiting for me. She gasps when her eyes land on me and I can't help but smile.

"You look amazing Zee." She beams at me. The minute we hug I feel my nerves decrease a little.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." We giggle while heading out.

"So why did we have to dress up for this?" I ask curiously. I love to pry.

"Well not to exaggerate but Sebastian did kind of summon all the packs who have given us their allegiance here to meet you so, Kylie and I suggested it be a ball. Reason to dress up." Oh my God! This is what I'm walking into ? I can't do this, I just can't. All those eyes . "Hey hey , no don't do that. Don't get into your own head. This is going to go well, all you have to do is be yourself and show that confidence I know you have." Hearing Maya try to reassure me kind of calms me but not quite.